Anyone just returning from Granduer?

Just got off the 5-night sailing this morning.....I developed a cough which turned into chllls and a fever and now a runny nose. But no symptoms of the Norwalk Virus, which would have included losing liquid from both ends! :eek:

As Ronoldo mentioned, strict compliance with use of the liquid hand sanitizers at all dining facilities. In addition, when you got back of the ship from a day in port they squirted some on your hands. In the buffet, you could not obtain your own food. Staff was on hand to fill you plates with whatever you wanted and this included breads, salads, desserts, etc. You would be scolded if you reached for any food! About the only things you could grab on your own were the pre-poured glasses of ice tea, lemonade and water and perhaps the butter/margarine tabs. I believe the buffet situation is temporary. Overall, the buffet was quite the disapointment as the variety just wasn't there and it was a hassle having to ask for food.

Disinfectant was sprayed all over the ship. When we first got on board the elevator interiors, all mirrors, were thick with the goop. Ditto anything else that was made of glass. In the atrium area the glass and the wood railings had the stuff on it, even as of last night.

So they're doing a lot to keep the ship from being a "sick" ship. I did not hear of any illnesses on board, notwithstanding my own. And a lot of alcohol was being consumed by the mostly college-age guests and I'm sure that helped kill a few germs as well!

BobK/Orlando

Also just back and didn't hear of anyone getting sick with the exception of those who over indulged on the booze (there were quite a few college kids who were lapping it up). Nice cruise.

Archived