Flights to BL cruise in PR

tbmrt

1 hour ago, poohterp said:

We just booked SWA RT NonStop for $417 pp, but arriving the night before.  Gone are the days when you could fly in the same day.  Airlines are too unreliable now.  We haven’t had a flight leave on-time in over 18 months, or worse - get changed once or twice after booking.

The next two cruises we are flying in 2 days before the cruise. The west to east travel really limits options if things go wrong. Last time flying out of MIA the maintenance crew over filled one of the hydraulic systems and blew out an o-ring. We sat on the plane for 2hrs while they hunted down a replacement. Luckily our Europe trip went smoothly.

27 minutes ago, Fogcityca13 said:

The next two cruises we are flying in 2 days before the cruise. The west to east travel really limits options if things go wrong. Last time flying out of MIA the maintenance crew over filled one of the hydraulic systems and blew out an o-ring. We sat on the plane for 2hrs while they hunted down a replacement. Luckily our Europe trip went smoothly.

I really wish we could head down two days in advance.  An extra full day and night in Old San Juan never hurts!  But I have a family commitment right now.  One of the reasons I wanted to fly SWA was so I could

easily change our flight down if my commitment changes. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 12:06 AM, poohterp said:

We just booked SWA RT NonStop for $417 pp, but arriving the night before.  Gone are the days when you could fly in the same day.  Airlines are too unreliable now.  We haven’t had a flight leave on-time in over 18 months, or worse - get changed once or twice after booking.

Airlines don't finalize schedules until around 90-days before, until then it's a placeholder schedule. That's why you see the headlines like "American airlines cancels 20,000 flights" when they're really just adjusting schedules.

19 hours ago, librarylady19 said:

Always use Google Flights. You can set an email alert when prices change - on a specific flight or date - for any route. Even if you’ve already booked, price drops often result on money or credit back from the airline. 

Love this tip. TripIt pro also has similar functionality.

Google flights is great, the one thing to be aware of is some flights won't show up on Google flights if it's complicated routing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2023 at 5:56 AM, chillyw said:

Airlines don't finalize schedules until around 90-days before, until then it's a placeholder schedule. That's why you see the headlines like "American airlines cancels 20,000 flights" when they're really just adjusting schedules.

The only change so far is the price dropped $60.  We fly a lot and we’ve been delayed a lot and moved around some in the last few years,

but we’ve gotten everywhere we need to be on the day we’ve needed to be there.