Must have?

Hi all, this is our first cruise, sailing on Enchantment March 23rd for five days. What are the packing must haves or tips for my wife and I? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, we are flying into Miami and then transfering to Ft. Lauderdale. Any estimate as to travel time from airport to pier?

I always give these warnings to everyone on their first cruise:

Plan on spending the rest of your lives saving for and looking forward to your next cruise.:)

On your cruise, if you don't gain 5 or more pounds, you didn't have a good enough time.:rolleyes:

Number 1 rule on a cruise---- Have fun!!! Relax, keep positive, slow down, and EEENNNJJJOOOYYY!!!:D

Now, for your questions about packing. Here is the link to the absloute and most complete packing list I have ever seen:

Go through it, get all the ideas you want for your cruise, take out all the other stuff and then print for your list.:cool:

As for transfers to & fro, there are shuttles (bus services) available that do just that. They cost around $40 per person round trip, and the trip takes about 45 minutes. Some go from airport to airport; some go from airport to ship terminal. Several to pick from.

HOpe this Helps!

It is about 20 minutes from Miami to FLL. And no problem getting a taxi right outside the airport.

As far as must haves...I bring sandwich baggies to wrap our wallets and such in the waistpack while we are doing water activities.

I have never cruised RCCL so I don't know if they have clocks in the rooms ( Carnival doesn't) so we always bring travel clock and though we are not regular watch wearers we bring them on the cruises and keep them set on ship's time.

Have a great time!!!! I am so jealous I have a year to wait for my next one!!!

Take all the clothes you think you'll need and lay them out on the bed. Next to them, lay out all the money you think you will need.

Then put half the clothes away and double the money. You'll be all set.

Also, Duct Tape. You can never go wrong having that with you, it does everything

I always give these warnings to everyone on their first cruise:

Plan on spending the rest of your lives saving for and looking forward to your next cruise.:)

On your cruise, if you don't gain 5 or more pounds, you didn't have a good enough time.:rolleyes:

Number 1 rule on a cruise---- Have fun!!! Relax, keep positive, slow down, and EEENNNJJJOOOYYY!!!:D

Now, for your questions about packing. Here is the link to the absloute and most complete packing list I have ever seen:

Go through it, get all the ideas you want for your cruise, take out all the other stuff and then print for your list.:cool:

As for transfers to & fro, there are shuttles (bus services) available that do just that. They cost around $40 per person round trip, and the trip takes about 45 minutes. Some go from airport to airport; some go from airport to ship terminal. Several to pick from.

HOpe this Helps!

Thanks for the packing list, I will spend time going over this. We are booked for our first ever cruise 6/11/06 on the Freedom. Next year my DH and I will be empty nesters as our one and only son will be heading off to college. I liked what you said about being prepared after first cruise to spend the rest of your life planning and taking your next cruise!!! I hope this is true!!! Thanks again for the website.

Green Eyed. It's true. Upon boarding your first cruise ship, something happens. A fog comes over you and the addiction starts immediately.

My first was in 2002 and you can see my trips since then. We have two planned this year and took two last year. Next year, in addition to at least one cruise, DW and I may go to Hong Kong and China (or another cruise:D )

Just remember to board with anticipation not expectations.

Have fun.

Next year, in addition to at least one cruise, DW and I may go to Hong Kong and China (or another cruise:D )

Why not go to Hong Kong ON a cruise....then tour China and do a Yangtze River cruise?? We did the Yangtze River in October and LOVED it!:D

Take all the clothes you think you'll need and lay them out on the bed. Next to them, lay out all the money you think you will need.

Then put half the clothes away and double the money. You'll be all set.

AMEN to that! You end up with your swimsuit on most of the time anyway lounging by the pool sippin some cool tropical cocktails! I can't wait to be on the Mariner January 14, 2007. Anyone else going?

I am so jealous!! I just got back from this cruise. Plan on spending a couple of days in Ft. Lauderdale. It is beautiful.

As far as packing...I always bring an over the door shoe organizer. It really helps keep everything organized and easy to get at. I would also recommend a backpack. Great for your extra clothes and towels.

Totally agree with the post for the power strip; there's never enough outlets and they're not always where it's most convenient for the pax.

Also take a large plastic tumbler. It's good for iced tea (which is free) during the day. The next cruise I'm taking my large Jamba Juice cup for iced tea.

Expect your room to be the size of a large walk-in closet with fantastic little cubbies tucked everywhere. If the room is larger, you'll be pleased. If not, you won't be shocked like I was the first time I saw a cruise cabin.

Go with the flow. Leave all sense of urgency at home. Don't try to do everything. Chill and enjoy.

I have to disagree w/DHADEN because I always take the stairs and eat all I want on the cruise and honestly I usually lose a pound or two and I have a fantastic time on the ship!!! It makes me want stairs in my house!

Buccaneergirl;

You must be one of those "YOUNGSTERS", as my dad used to say; or just a little wierd.....:p ... (kidding).

I know I always see "those people" in the work-out center on a cruise.... I'm in fairly bad shape on purpose, but trying to do better.

BUT NOT ON A CRUISE!!:D

Must haves (from a man's point of view):

An extra bathing suit

Water shoes (especially if you are taking any water-related excursions - better than having wet sneakers or losing flip-flops)

dress socks that match the suit(s) you are bringing (I always seem to nearly forget these)

Dress shoes that match the suit(s) and pants you are bringing

Plenty of underwear - unless you want to use the onboard laundry service

Sweat pants or sweat shorts - so you have something quick to put on in the morning if answering the door for room service

I wouldn't pack more than two pairs of casual/khaki pants for a one-week cruise. You can always wear them more than once or for a small charge have them laundered onboard.

Just to add:

Yellow highlighter to mark daily schedule of activities you don't want to miss

Post it notes

small day pack/backpack for shore excursions

Umbrella - for rain, or sun shield in the tropics

Extra toothbrush in case yours breaks, like mine did

Calculator if travelling out of U.S

Extra pair of glasses, sunglasses

Medications

Business/personal cards to exchange with all the new friends you will make

Clothespins to keep drapes closed if you have a window cabin. also to use for hanging laundry on line in shower

small flashlight

And the most important A SENSE OF HUMOR, which can go a long way when things don't go quiite as expected.

Have a wonderful cruise and many more.

Happy sailing,

Joanne

Archived