Princess Alaska Cruisetour July 2023

Rudy888

Little has been written on Cruisetours. We were just on a Princess Alaska cruise tour. 10 days land and 7 days sea.

We had been on an Alaska Cruise 30 years ago but wanted to do the interior. We chose the 10 day connoisseur cruise tour.

We didn't want to think price when we looked at a menu. We received appetizer, main course and desert. At all 5 lodges the food

was great, with great service. Our tour guide arranged times for our dinners when traveling to the next lodge. Time and companions 

our choice. We chose to share our table the first night and over the 5 lodges we had dinner with 5 different couples on our tour. It was great.

Since we stayed in each lodge 2 nights, the 2nd night was up to us. My spouse has some mobility issues and our tour guide made sure that

in lodges with no elevators our rooms were on the first floor and convenient to the main lodge.

We found all the lodges clean, comfortable with excellent service. Rooms were basic. This is a lodge not a resort. The features are where we are, 

not the Lodge.

We had great weather the whole 10 days which I am sure skews my review. In our opinion the cruisetour was much more rewarding than the cruise.

We cruise Alaska over 25 years ago. Juneau, Ketchikan are similar to the Carribean ports of call. Not Alaska. Diamonds International  etc.

We and many of our cruise passengers who had been to Alaska before were disappointed in the changes.