Just Disembarked Arcadia

Sleeptastic

Can I ask please do you have to book on the website for the freedom dining now or do you just turn up. I can't eat late so we always eat when the restaurant opens, so I would prefer that we could just book it on the web based 'app' . If you have to turn up what sort of time do people start queuing before it opened? 

Also does anyone know the procedure on Christmas Day? As I understand it you get allocated a dining time, what happens if we get the late time as I wouldn't be able to eat then and I was looking forward to Christmas dinner in the MDR but at a reasonable time

On Arcadia in August freedom dining was held in Meridian Lower Restaurant. It opened at 6, but some people do queue early - from 5.30.  I don't think there is much point in doing that as it's a big restaurant and does not fill up very quickly.

I can't offer advice aboi Christmas day, other than have a word with your TA and find out if Christmas Day dining is allocated shoreside or on the ship. If it's on the ship you would need to speak to the Maitre D' assuming that he/she does the allocation.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Are you on select price amajaa ? If so you could have booked fixed dining first sitting - this would be better for you I think.

Yes we are but on Christmas Day it doesn’t matter what you have booked apparently you are randomly given a sitting time. I am just wondering if beforehand you might have some sort of questionnaire about what sitting your world like on Christmas Day . Whether you get that or not is a different matter of course

1 minute ago, amajaa said:

Yes we are but on Christmas Day it doesn’t matter what you have booked apparently you are randomly given a sitting time. I am just wondering if beforehand you might have some sort of questionnaire about what sitting your world like on Christmas Day . Whether you get that or not is a different matter of course

I think there is no freedom dining on Christmas Day. So all those on freedom dining are allocated a time. I don't think it affects those who are already on fixed dining. I stand to be corrected 

1 minute ago, amajaa said:

From my Christmas cruises on Britannia and Azura I can confirm you will get a questionnaire with preferences about 3 weeks before departure.  Those making late bookings are sorted onboard.  You will be allocated a restaurant, time and table - unfortunately you are not guaranteed if it is a sharing or non sharing table.  There are two sitting times - these are half an hour longer than normal fixed sitting and start earlier than on other days.

Podiums are set up in public areas where you can go to discuss if you can change times, table size etc.

TBH apart from 2021 Christmas it gets a bit messy but generally is sorted okay to most people's satisfaction.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FangedRose said:

I think there is no freedom dining on Christmas Day. So all those on freedom dining are allocated a time. I don't think it affects those who are already on fixed dining. I stand to be corrected 

Last Xmas our fixed dining was the same on Xmas day. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

From my Christmas cruises on Britannia and Azura I can confirm you will get a questionnaire with preferences about 3 weeks before departure.  Those making late bookings are sorted onboard.  You will be allocated a restaurant, time and table - unfortunately you are not guaranteed if it is a sharing or non sharing table.  There are two sitting times - these are half an hour longer than normal fixed sitting and start earlier than on other days.

Podiums are set up in public areas where you can go to discuss if you can change times, table size etc.

TBH apart from 2021 Christmas it gets a bit messy but generally is sorted okay to most people's satisfaction.

Thanks, we normally have a table for two because my Husband can't hear the conversations if a bigger tablem but on Christmas Day it would be nice to share a table. 

• Like 1