Koper port to Lipica Stud Farm next October

madmedic

Hi we're on the Empires of the Mediterranean October 24 and would like to visit the Lippizanner stud at Lipica. Not sure if Viking ever offers this as an excursion or if it would be viable to take a taxi. A long time off yet and no takers on the Roll Call. 

I would be ALL over this opportunity!

take a look at the Rome2Rio app  It shows the bus route to the Stud.  However it also shows the time spend and schedule.  A taxi would be a more reasonable use of your precious time, particularly if you wished to make it there for a specific time, such as a schooling session or stable tour

HOPIN mobile app may be useful for cab hire

14 hours ago, Meander Ingwa said:

I would be ALL over this opportunity!

take a look at the Rome2Rio app  It shows the bus route to the Stud.  However it also shows the time spend and schedule.  A taxi would be a more reasonable use of your precious time, particularly if you wished to make it there for a specific time, such as a schooling session or stable tour

HOPIN mobile app may be useful for cab hire

Thank you Meander I will definitely check out the taxi. It appears to be very doable. 

• Like 1

Viking does not offer a visit to the Lipizzaner unless it is part of one of these tours: https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/eastern-mediterranean/empires-mediterranean/index.html#itineraryday/2

The in-port times for your sailing are included on your Viking invoice and they will eventually be posted on MVJ as well.

For those reading this thread who don't already know, MVJ (MyVikingJourney) is the Viking guest interface. If you haven't already registered on MVJ, you will need your booking number to do so; it can be found on your Viking invoice.

For the experienced horseperson, like myself, a drive by stop on a tour would not satisfy. I would want to watch, in silence a 1 hour+  training session.  Most people would get little out of such a thing, just seeing pretty horses go round and round.  Madmedic I hope it works out for you.  

1 hour ago, Meander Ingwa said:

For the experienced horseperson, like myself, a drive by stop on a tour would not satisfy. I would want to watch, in silence a 1 hour+  training session.  Most people would get little out of such a thing, just seeing pretty horses go round and round.  Madmedic I hope it works out for you.  

I too am an experienced horsewoman. I will be utterly fascinated with watching a training session. I love to visit other stables and have a good nosey round too. I agree not everyone's cup of tea. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...