NCL Jade - Transatlantic - Lisbon > NYC - Nov 3-15, 2023

greg_atlanta

Hi, guys! I'm considering booking this trip...just waiting on time off approval from work. My husband can't get off work this long, so it would be my first solo sailing. Really just going to book this to get the points to bump me to Platinum! Talked to another guy on the FB group going solo, so should be a decent group. Will keep updated when I book!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

it would be my first solo sailing.

There was zero solo supplement for me on this cruise (I booked inside but may upgrade to outside), and getting the package with the drinks came to about $25/day (which is a great deal because NCL drink prices are shockingly high).  For all the other NCL TA cruises (on newer ships) the solo supplement was close to the typical 200%.  Yay for older smaller ships!

18 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

This is the most active I’ve seen for an LGBTQ roll call. Y’all are really persuading me to book. I was nervous about going solo on this long of a trip, but seems like it’ll be fun!

I know how to throw a party!  😁

First TA for me but I've heard for years they tend to attract a fun crowd.  I'm sure the drink package pricing on a less trendy ship helps.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looking to book in the next few days - just trying to organize commitments, airfare, hotel in Lisbon, etc. 

Hoping to go swimming in Ponta Delgado - close to the cruise ship pier, the warmest water I have ever been in (Transat 2019) , and two steps away from the pier.

One other thing - Lisbon or Ponta Delgado - if you like espresso coffee - the Delta brand is far superior to many of the continental brands - I want to go just for the oppty of bringing home coffee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 10:30 AM, bookie54 said:

Anyone planning to use the steam room on Jade?

Hope it's still there.  I see it on the deck plan.  But general trend as ships get renovated is to get rid of the free amenities and move it to the thermal suite.  I was on Pearl (same family) about 10 years ago and it had a small steam room which worked pretty well.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2023 at 7:10 PM, greg_atlanta said:

Hope it's still there.  I see it on the deck plan.  But general trend as ships get renovated is to get rid of the free amenities and move it to the thermal suite.  I was on Pearl (same family) about 10 years ago and it had a small steam room which worked pretty well.

I was on the Jade at the beginning of September.  The steam room in the gym locker room is still there. It's small, and can fit maybe 3 people comfortably.  I believe there is only 1 or 2 showers there, too.  The thermal suite has a much more spacious layout with gender segregated sauna, steam and hot tubs.  

• Like 2

Also bought the Thermal Pass - with it you have unlimited access to the Spa. For me it was also about 250. 

Day Passes are sometimes available, but i don't know how much they are. I guess on the sea days the availability will be less.

17 more days to go, woop woop 🙂 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2023 at 8:53 PM, RD64 said:

Looking to book in the next few days - just trying to organize commitments, airfare, hotel in Lisbon, etc. 

Hoping to go swimming in Ponta Delgado - close to the cruise ship pier, the warmest water I have ever been in (Transat 2019) , and two steps away from the pier.

One other thing - Lisbon or Ponta Delgado - if you like espresso coffee - the Delta brand is far superior to many of the continental brands - I want to go just for the oppty of bringing home coffee.

I have an excursion that morning but if the weather cooperates I’d enjoy swimming in the afternoon.  We have most of the afternoon there. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's the final countdown. Am i the only not knowing what to pack for a TA Cruise - i don't want my suitcase to be overweight 🙈?!

Is there still the Friends of Dorothy event on board?

Wishing all of you safe travels to Lisboa ✈️

• Like 1