A smooth silhouette?

aring75

I'm really leaning toward a lovely (but somewhat fitted) satin gown for one of the formal evenings on my upcoming cruise. Can anyone give any suggestions as to the best way to ensure a smooth, seamless silhouette underneath the dress? This thing is gorgeous, but it shows everything - every seam...every bump...every flaw - right down to my hips!

The plus side is I can get it from my sister for a steal...she bought it from the store on clearance and it doesn't fit her (but it fits me like a dream). I feel like a goddess in it, but I sure would feel more "heavenly" if I could hide a few spots I know the devil put on me!! :p

Here's the dress:

http://www.cache.com/shopdetails.asp?cat=0100&sku=08024D27252020

Now...any ideas?

Nancy Ganz makes great shapers that fit like hose. I have a pair that come to mid calf and one knee length.

I also tend to like fabrics that are not very forgiving and these work well for me.

I guess there is always control top hose but I wear high heeled sandals and will not do hose with them.

in order to find good foundation garments for a new dress I got, I asked at the local bridal shop (not a chain store, a real bridal shop) for a recommendation of where they sent brides for underthings. they recommended a great loungerie shop with very experienced ladies who fit me with top and bottom garments that gave me a great silhouette

(who in turn, recommended a great shoe place!)

Beautiful dress!

I was watching late night tv and channel surfing when I came upon an infomercial for an undergarment. I can't remember the name of it! I even looked it up on the internet and thought about ordering one. It fit down to just above the knee and you could see a marked difference in the before/after pics. They cost about $40 and if you ordered RIGHT NOW:D you got 2 for the price of one. Maybe someone else has seen it, too and remembers the name???

I tried the Spanx version and didn't like it...I must have ordered the wrong size, because it was too short and lefta gap between it and my bra.:eek: Not a pretty look for me!!!

Thanks for the replies!

Yes, I'm looking for something to fit my entire midsection - and NO pantyhose! I have a pair of killer beaded sandals that simply won't allow it.

Are the Nancy Ganz shapers like a body suit? Would they fit okay under the bodice of the dress? Oh, and where could I find them? Hmmm...I guess I should google, huh? LOL. Off I go...

Thanks for the replies!

Yes, I'm looking for something to fit my entire midsection - and NO pantyhose! I have a pair of killer beaded sandals that simply won't allow it.

Are the Nancy Ganz shapers like a body suit? Would they fit okay under the bodice of the dress? Oh, and where could I find them? Hmmm...I guess I should google, huh? LOL. Off I go...

They have a large range of styles. Penneys here stocks some of them but the biggest selection is online.

http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?class=8455&tmp=hp&cont=sn&cm_re=HP-_-SIDENAV-_-INTIMATES

spanx are the only way to go. I was watching Oprah one day and she

was doing a whole hour on these. She wears them everyday, and swears by them. I ordered 2 pairs of the power panties and love them.

They have no binding leg band so they are invisible under clothes.

There's different styles to choose from. Good luck.

Archived