Raveena Port - Venice Departing Flight Time Help!

CruisingTwinMom

Hello All! 

First time posting here. My family and I are sailing on RCCL on Explorer of the seas next summer. Ship dock time in Raveena is noted as 6AM. Is a 12:15PM flight from Venice way too risky? I know transit time is a little over 2 hours from Raveena, but I have no idea how disembarkation is run at this port, if there are standardly delays, etc. I also have the option of spending an extra night in Bologna and flying out of Bologna the next day too. 

What experience have you had? Any tips? 

Thank you so much!  

For my May sailing, Royal Caribbean was selling transfers from Ravenna to Venice Marco Polo airport for flights as early as 10:50am.  Those transfers left the ship at 6:30 and required you to carry off your own luggage (I think).

What transportation were you planning to use to get to Venice from Ravenna?  If you plan on using Royal's transfer service, you can call them and they will tell you acceptable times.  You can purchase the transfer in advance or on the ship.  I would purchase in advance, if I were you.

In this thread, I posted a picture of my Royal Caribbean app showing details about purchasing the transfer while on the ship.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

25 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

Why fly from Venice?  Bologna is much closer.  If you're flying into Venice a few days prior to the cruise in order to see the town, look into open-jaw flights into Venice and out of Bologna.

Great question! We are doing a multi-city flight. Arrive Rome several days before embarkation day and depart either Venice or Bologna back to U.S. I'm looking at reward flights using points, so my options for flight times are limited, but I can add a day at the end of the cruise and fly out of Bologna or 12:15 flight from Venice date of disembarkation.

While probably feasible to do the Venice timing, I would much prefer to add the extra day and enjoy some time in Bologna.  It would be a much more pleasant way to wind down a vacation than stressing about making it to Venice in time.  And Venice Airport can be a stressful airport to deal with.

• Like 1