Arrival process

Sir Cumference

Hello 🙂

I'm just beginning to get back into cruising after having an extended break over the "covid" period. I know that the porters did not collect cases etc. from cars for a while but are they back to "normal" or do we have to take our own luggage to the hole in the wall?

I know that valet parking (with CPS) was suspended , but has it been reinstated?

Many thanks

17 minutes ago, Sleeptastic said:

Porters were at Mayflower Terminal 3 weeks ago unloading vehicles and taking your luggage for you. 

I had to unload my luggage and take it to the correct hole in the wall for pur Proncess cruise on Julu  but that was the taxi drop off not the CPS one.

38 minutes ago, Sleeptastic said:

Porters were at Mayflower Terminal 3 weeks ago unloading vehicles and taking your luggage for you. 

27 minutes ago, david63 said:

I think that only applies at Ocean Terminal

We departed from Mayflower Terminal on 7th July and there were no porters unloading vehicles and taking luggage. The only staff in the vehicle lanes were CPS. I had to take the luggage to a hole in the wall where the luggage handlers were stood. Perhaps it varies by cruise depending on how many staff they have? Maybe if they have more staff than are needed to load the luggage through the hatches they will assist those arriving? 

We returned to Ocean Terminal and I was a little irritated that there were no porters visible as you entered the luggage hall (they are usually lined up as you enter) and when I asked a staff member where they were she pointed me to a group of them stood chatting right at the far end of the hall. I had to leave my wife and walk the length of the hall to ask one to help me. They didn’t seem happy being interrupted and I felt that the assistance was reluctant. This was the first time that I have ever had anything other than great service from porters and, as a result, was the first time that I have ever not given the porter a tip when we got to the car. 

• Thanks 1