Travelling to the Port of Liverpool

FangedRose

Looking at Fred Olsen cruises mainly because of the schlep to and from Southampton. I've got my eye on one from Liverpool, and my question is how do people without access to private transport get to Liverpool with their luggage? When I was looking earlier this year there was door-to-door transport offered (but I was still outside of the distance limit) but this doesn’t seem to be offered anymore.

52 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

Looking at Fred Olsen cruises mainly because of the schlep to and from Southampton. I've got my eye on one from Liverpool, and my question is how do people without access to private transport get to Liverpool with their luggage? When I was looking earlier this year there was door-to-door transport offered (but I was still outside of the distance limit) but this doesn’t seem to be offered anymore.

Train from Carlisle to Liverpool central Rail Station (around about 3 hrs). Loop Line from there to the Cruise Terminal (6 mins) ... or take a taxi from the station.

6 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Train from Carlisle to Liverpool central Rail Station (around about 3 hrs). Loop Line from there to the Cruise Terminal (6 mins) ... or take a taxi from the station.

If only trains could be relied on nowadays. And, if only there was a direct train from  Carlisle to Liverpool.

Edited by FangedRose

2 hours ago, FangedRose said:

If only trains could be relied on nowadays. And, if only there was a direct train from  Carlisle to Liverpool.

But if only if was possible, as in days of folk-yore, to join the Wigan Boat Express and then flash though the countryside picking flowers on the way... after getting out to push it uphill on steep inclines... not to mention starting out at nine and doing a whole two miles by half-past-one!🤠

Do hope you find a suitable route to your liking. Good Luck.

• Haha 1

Have looked at National Express and Megabus too. Both need change at Manchester, and the timings are not far short of Intercruise to Southampton. With none of the hassle of hauling luggage etc it looks like Southampton is the easiest option 🤷

• Like 1