Post cruise day tour

aunteemom

Yes, they do quite often offer a transfer and optional tour.  When they give you the disembarkation form to fill out a few days before the end of the cruise, you will then see all the options. You can also inquire at destination services.

Recent Japan cruisers can chime in and tell us what they did in Tokyo.

Here is the question that is asked all the time.  It would really be great if Regent could manage to address this before four days before the cruise ends.   Instead,  if you are new to cruising,  or just never had the issue of a late flight,  you have to reach out to Social Media to see what has happened to others.  Makes no sense to me.  

BTW, I had the same questions last year.   It all worked out,  but I wasn’t happy or pleased with Regent’s process.  Room for improvement.  

• Like 1

We disembarked Explorer in Tokyo this April and our flight left Narita at 5 pm. 
We tried to find an excursion/transport to the airport through Regent before we boarded. None were offered. 
Once on board, they did offer the transport/excursion option, I believe it was $79. The only stop on the way to Narita was at the Tokyo Tower, so the “excursion “ part was pretty minimal. But it filled the time and was enough for us. 

I prefer to know the options before I sail in case I want to arrange a tour and/or transfer on my own.  Would not want to be doing this onboard.  Really wish Regent could let us know pre-cruise!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, annmarz said:

I prefer to know the options before I sail in case I want to arrange a tour and/or transfer on my own.  Would not want to be doing this onboard.  Really wish Regent could let us know pre-cruise!

Sometimes Regent has offered tours on the way to the airport for those on late flights other times not. It seems to depend on the number of people that have late flights and are interested in a tour. Since Regent does not arrange flights for everyone. they won’t know the number until people board and fill out the paperwork.

If you don’t want to wait and see, make your own arrangements with a private car and driver to do something. That way it will be what you need both timing wise and what you do. We find this much more satisfactory and a more relaxing way to start the trip home.

19 hours ago, annmarz said:

We had transport to Narita scheduled with Regent before we boarded, so if they had not offered the transport + excursion option we would just spent more time in the ANA lounge marveling at the beer dispenser!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4