Ship Time Vs Port Time Help...

RKAJ

I'll be doing the Eastern Caribbean 4/1/06 on the Voyager and want to try to plan my days, but need help figuring out what ship time vs. port time.

We'll be visiting Nassau, St. Thomas, and San Juan.

Also, how soon do you have to be back on the ship prior to sailing? 1/2 hour, 1 hour?

Thanks

Right before you step off of the boat there is a sign. It tells you when you have to be back on board and when the boat undocks.

I.E. St. Thomas 5:30 pm On-Board, 6:00 pm departure.

This is the SHIPS time (eastern time zone). The islands are Eastern plus 1 hour, so dont get confused.

I always recommend for everyone to wear a watch, and always make a "meeting place" incase you get seperated. On that thought, make sure every person in your group has 20$ cash for that reason, emergency only, to get back to the boat. Just my personal thought.

If their is a time difference from the port to the ship ie: ship 3pm port 4pm then your time will be 3pm. Just remember the ship waits for no one. Be sure to read the Compass to be sure, just as the previous poster stated.

Just an update. I found that when we go we will be in Daylight Savings Time and the islands do not change their clocks so the ship and islands will be on the same time.

That was easy...

thanks for your help

Archived