Iona Norway Port Departure Times?

AlpineBliss

I’m trying to plan my port days in advance as much as possible. Could someone out there that has done this cruise let me know what time you have to be back on board at each of the four ports of call? I’m especially hoping to do Briksdal Glacier and the Loen sky lift in Olden, but not sure if it’s possible to do both? Departing Saturday August 19 and it’s my first cruise.

Edited by AlpineBliss

• AlpineBliss changed the title to Iona Norway Port Departure Times?

We are just back from 5-12th Aug  and our port times were

Stavanger - Port Canceled due to Bad Weather but i think it was scheduled to be 9-5pm

Olden - arr. 9am dep.5.30pm

Hellesylt - arr.7am Dep. 4pm

Haugesund - arr. 9am Dep. 4pm

in Olden it is possible to get both done We did the Skylift in the Morning through Olden Adventure  we got off just after 9am and was back on the ship by midday spent a couple of hrs on Mt.Hoven , we did have Briksdal Glacier booked through P&O @1:30 but P&O cancelled due to bad weather, there were still plenty of people getting tour buses after midday

4 hours ago, AlpineBliss said:

Many thanks for your reply, sorry to hear you missed Stavanger and Briksdal, these trips aren’t cheap!

If you book your trips through P&O, for any port cancelled you will get a refund for any missed shore excursions. Have a wonderful time!

On board right now, I'll check horizon but haugesund was 4.30 for us. I think the day before was too.

BIG queues for the skylift. Queue for bus queue for lift up, huge queue to come down.  Negligible queues whilst up there though.

--edit-- pretty sure Stavanger was 5pm too. Guess it's quite weather dependent so bear that in mind if planning last minute trips.  Not suggesting you take advantage but I think they allow for about half an hour for tardiness.

Edited by ParisHilton
  • Like 1