Shore excursion pricing and times

rjp50

We are new to Viking and have several questions.  For this thread I would like to know about the shore excursions and in particular when pricing and times for them become available.  From what I understand when it becomes possible to make reservations there may be a mad rush to make them before they are sold out.  That means I would want to know the prices and times for each potential excursion so I will know before the reservation window opens what my booking priority should be.  When are the times and prices and times for the included and optional excursions, respectively, posted?

As a second question on excursions, are there any excursions on the "Into the Midnight Sun" cruise that are either particularly good (or perhaps not worth it)?

And, a final question:  If we are in a PV and our travel companions are in a DV, is there any hope for them to be included in either our included or optional tours that may be sold out prior to their reservation window opening?

Typically pricing and times are available on MVJ at around  100 days from departure. You can’t book anything but you can view them. For planning purposes, after you book your cruise you can request a PDF from Viking of what is typically offered but these are subject to change.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

While you can get an idea about excursions from MVJ, when they drop for the highest category is when you can see times and costs.  That’s about 110 days out.  If you are concerned about getting an excursion, choose the optional ones you wan5 to do and pay as you choose them.  Having them in your cart is not sufficient to reserve them, they must be paid.  Then go back and book included excursions at times that fir for you.  

If your friends in DV don’t get on excursions you want to do together, they can be waitlisted when they board.  Either this, or plan a private excursion with a local tour guide.  There is no way for them to be included in your reservation.