Museum and Fort

GTO-Girl

First time to Bermuda so probably a dumb question….

I have some slight mobility issues so I need to know how far it is to the museum and fort?  

And if far is there a tram or shuttle we can take?  Thanks in advance…..

42 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

First time to Bermuda so probably a dumb question….

I have some slight mobility issues so I need to know how far it is to the museum and fort?  

And if far is there a tram or shuttle we can take?  Thanks in advance…..

It is not very far to the museum and Keep from either ship berth. The whole Dockyard is the fort. There is a free tram that goes around the Dockyard. 

IMG_0252.jpeg

• Like 1

The free tram will take you to the entrance. I found the small museum and gift shop

building and the dolphins are on one level and fairly accessible. I sit and watch the dolphins while my husband climbs the hill up to the larger museum in the Commissioner's house and sea walls to view the guns and harbor views. They are very interesting but difficult for me due to the climb. 

Edited by Vatxal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I asked about museum accessibility for a friend a few months ago.  Response was:

"Yes, the Museum is wheelchair and electric scooter accessible friendly and there is an elevator in our Commissioner’s House that can take you to the 2nd & 3rd floors.  You access the house through our Defense exhibit on the lower level.  You may ask the Ticket Office Concierge to direct you when you arrive."

• 4 months later...

I've been to the museum twice and it's very interesting. It is not a far walk to get to the entrance. But there is a fair amount of walking to get to the museum itself. I would take a good look at the satellite view on Google maps and see the terrain before you go.