Cocoa Beach - is it worth it

lukesmom

3 hours ago, lukesmom said:

We will have a full day in Cocoa beach but the hotels are very pricey. Is it worth it or would we be better of staying in Titusville since we will have a car.

Thanks for any tips!

For the price of hotels it would not be worth it to me…..

I live in Titusville and I would say that if you have a car, if the hotels are much cheaper here, then I would stay in Titusville. Idk what your plans are but there is SO MUCH to do here all along the Space Coast…you may not go to Cocoa Beach at all. Let me know if you have any other questions…I’m happy to help if I can.

I haven’t stayed in any hotels here nor has any family so I don’t really have a recommendation…I could talk about location more than anything.

Like most towns along I95 there are several hotel near/at the Hwy 50/Cheney Hwy exit…most of the major hotel brands are there. Franchise restaurants are all around this area and access to major driving routes. These hotels are likely catering to road trip people but also some tourists. There’s a Crate and Barrel right there on the hotel side…some people are big fans of that. Ease of travel with a car is a big factor in their appeal though they are all decent representations of their brands from outward appearances.

There’s a new Marriott right on the Intracoastal waterway and I think a H brand (Hyatt or Hilton) is nearby but I think they are much pricier. The Courtyard has a water view for sure with a rooftop restaurant that can be popular, but it’s only available for guests when there’s a launch. Will there be a launch while you’re here? These hotels are right on Hwy 1 so easy drivability again but there’s not much retail right there. That area is more commercial with major employers are right there, and I think those hotels are catering to business travelers more.

There are the typical local motels as well and these seem to be located more in historic downtown but more in the part that’s a couple blocks down from the center…these are old but well maintained enough looking but if I didn’t know the area, I might feel less comfortable staying in them. I think they’re safe enough but I’m just saying that if you arrive past daylight, might not feel so to a tourist. There are more motels that are on Washington/Hwy 1 that are more away from downtown, and these might feel a bit more small town and kitschy but also feel a bit safer to someone unfamiliar.

There’s quite a few AirBnBs…and if you’re wondering about any of those locations I could help you. It all depends on who you’re traveling with and what your plans are. If you have hotels you’re debating, that might help me help you more, let you know how well it would fit into your plans.

Edited to add…the biggest difference between Titusville and Cocoa Beach is that Titusville is not as touristy…we are more residential and working with major employers in the Space Industry and more nature oriented, conservation type attractions and space oriented attractions whereas Cocoa Beach is a very touristy beach town. 

Edited by Anita Latte
  • Like 1