Catamaran Sail & Snorkel

Tiggipaws

Good morning

I am arriving in St Thomas early December onboard the Sky Princess at 8.00am (Don't know if this is island or ship time). I have been looking for a  Catamaran Sail & Snorkel tour. The vast majority leave from different spots on the island either 8.00am, 8.30am or 9.00am. I doubt if there is any chance of the first two times but maybe the 9 00am? The only other option is the tours operated by Princess but I would think that these will be overcrowded. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Perky1 said:

@Tiggipawswhat are the details of your trip.  We do not arrive until 10am so will need likely an afternoon sail.  We want to go to St. John.  What kind of price is it pp?  I have emailed them but have not heard back yet.  Thanks

Hi Perky 1 ( great name)

The tour I am going on is the 

Snorkel & Swim with the Turtles Aboard MV Sea Wolf | Semi-Private to Buck Island & Honeymoon Beach. The start time is 9am but they do the same tour at 2.00pm. The meeting point is near to the docks. Cost $280.80 for 2 people They answered my queries within a couple of hours which I thought was excellent as I am in the UK. I used the  email address Info@SeastheDayUSVI.com.

If you need anymore info let me know

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2023 at 3:36 AM, Tiggipaws said:

The tour I am going on is the 

Snorkel & Swim with the Turtles Aboard MV Sea Wolf | Semi-Private to Buck Island & Honeymoon Beach. The start time is 9am but they do the same tour at 2.00pm. The meeting point is near to the docks. Cost $280.80 for 2 people They answered my queries within a couple of hours which I thought was excellent as I am in the UK. I used the  email address Info@SeastheDayUSVI.com

If you need anymore info let me know

@Tiggipaws Thanks for sharing. We were looking for something like this and I actually had another VERY similar one planned with another company but even though our cruise is not until next March they happened to sell out the afternoon sailing we needed before I booked it (we don't dock until 12:30).

After checking them out, I have just e-mailed SeasTheDay about going on the 2pm sailing of the exact one you booked. Hopefully they get back to me quickly like in your case. I kind of have a rule about avoiding 3rd party vendors if they don't communicate quickly so I'm glad you had a good experience with them.

We're on Royal Caribbean's Wonder of the Seas, which docks at Crown Bay, so I'd have to take a taxi to get to where they leave from so that's mostly what I've asked about. It was going to be same thing with the first company I wanted to use.

I don't have any specific questions but is there anything else you learned about them from e-mailing that I might want to know? Thanks again!

Good morning

You can also book this tour at https://www.getyourguide.com/seas-the-day-charters-and-tours-s141315/?visitor-id=3N8CXMB87DD0TFH675MKCLWJ5XCP9CGV&locale_autoredirect_optout=true

The meeting point is Havensight/WICO day charter dock, for the 2.00pm trip you have to be there no later then 1.45pm. It also states cruise passengers should check with the ship regarding time zone. 

If you enquire any more info let me know

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tiggipaws said:

If you enquire any more info let me know

Appreciate it. They wrote me back this morning and were very helpful. Just waiting for answers to a few more questions so I can decide it we want to book with them.

22 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Appreciate it. They wrote me back this morning and were very helpful. Just waiting for answers to a few more questions so I can decide it we want to book with them.

Just to follow-up, they were great about answering questions and providing info via e-mail.

If we decide to do a snorkel excursion on St. Thomas it will be with them. The only part I don't love is going from 2-6pm instead of in the morning but that's not their fault obviously.

We're either doing that one or one in St. Martin the day after that we did in 2017 and had an amazing time (Captain Bob who owns https://www.soualigadestinations.com/). I highly recommend Captain Bob to anyone going to St. Martin... but my wife really wants to swim with turtles and while there's a good chance to see them on St. Martin, it seems almost guaranteed on St. Thomas.

Thanks again for sharing seastheday, @Tiggipaws.

Edited by OCSC Mike