Alternatives to Celebrity

Islander500

22 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

You can summarize this thread easily. 17 pages mentioning nearly every mainstream cruise line out there ranging from $350/night to $3,500+/night. Honestly not a whole lot to be gained. 

Agreed..anything can be an alternative. As someone pointed out, maybe size doesn’t matter. 🙂

That being said, I think Princess and HAL probably line up as closely with Celebrity as much as anyone.

Pricing seems all over the map with most cruise lines to me..it can vary a lot week to week.  Celebrity’s newer E Class ships have gotten a little pricey, IMHO. 

I do wish Celebrity had more 10-14 day cruises to choose from..

Edited by PTC DAWG

2 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

@JackE--I'm curious...where there just a lot of kids or did u see bad behavior?  Thanks.

Yes. 🤪

The kids were fine, but there were a lot of them!

Also, after witnessing so many toddler melt downs, we were continually asking ourselves, why would anyone bring a 3 year old on a Med cruise (and on excursions) where it was between 95 and 100 degrees every day?

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 6:15 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Will be picking your mind.    This morning we booked a Cunard QE2 Transatlantic in Queens Grill -   2 weeks ago I never imagined I would be posting this.

Just for a comparison - Labor Day Sale -  I have no Idea what a Queen's Grill Suite would match on Celebrity but in my mind I was thinking Sky Suite.   My agent was able to book under his agency "group" for about $1,000 lower.

image.thumb.png.a7bd1f170ff254ea8853ac27c0c69fe4.png

Since Queen Mary 2 is the only ocean liner around, it’s hard to compare suites to other cruise ship classes. Do some research on all the benefits included in Queens Grill. The overall shop has a more Britishness with tea and a great pub! 
I was on Princess Grill on a recent TA and you will have a great experience in the “Grills”. 
Btw, it’s QM2, not QE2…

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 9:18 PM, NE John said:

Since Queen Mary 2 is the only ocean liner around, it’s hard to compare suites to other cruise ship classes. Do some research on all the benefits included in Queens Grill. The overall shop has a more Britishness with tea and a great pub! 
I was on Princess Grill on a recent TA and you will have a great experience in the “Grills”. 
Btw, it’s QM2, not QE2…

I think I need to try this…thanx 👑