Opinions please on your most enjoyable Viking Ocean Cruise trips

Fieldofdreams

1 hour ago, janetcbl said:

slewis7:

In 2022 Viking combined these two into one cruise, “Into the Midnight Sun &The Baltics” ( or something like that)….It was the “perfect” cruise, IMO, including the crew, the weather (no rain) and no missed ports. 

We went on a Baltic itinerary on an inferior cruise line but it didn’t matter as the ports were so outstanding - perhaps still my very favorite cruise itinerary of the many I have been on.  It is quite unfortunate that Saint Petersburg can no longer be included, but very well justified of course; that was a very special port.  I imagine that even the current Baltic itinerary combined with the Midnight Sun is quite spectacular!  

2 hours ago, slewis7 said:

We went on a Baltic itinerary on an inferior cruise line but it didn’t matter as the ports were so outstanding - perhaps still my very favorite cruise itinerary of the many I have been on.  It is quite unfortunate that Saint Petersburg can no longer be included, but very well justified of course; that was a very special port.  I imagine that even the current Baltic itinerary combined with the Midnight Sun is quite spectacular!  

Thank you sharing the idea if combining both itineraries. 

We love Viking and have done four ocean cruises - Into the Midnight Sun, In Search of the Northern Lights, New Zealand & Australia, and Iceland & Norway Arctic Explorer.  Norway is beautiful and we’ve enjoyed experiencing it in both the summer and winter months.  Our most memorable trip so far was a Viking expedition cruise to Antarctica.  It was a wonderful, life-changing adventure from start to finish.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frenchberet said:

We love Viking and have done four ocean cruises - Into the Midnight Sun, In Search of the Northern Lights, New Zealand & Australia, and Iceland & Norway Arctic Explorer.  Norway is beautiful and we’ve enjoyed experiencing it in both the summer and winter months.  Our most memorable trip so far was a Viking expedition cruise to Antarctica.  It was a wonderful, life-changing adventure from start to finish.  

Thank you

On 8/27/2023 at 6:19 PM, gradydude said:

Curious for the two👎 on Amazon and Caribbean?  I imagine the Amazon is sorta like the Mississippi, big and muddy and having never been to the West Indies thought it might be interesting.  

the Amazon Cruise will meet those expectations for you.  Much wider than the Mississippi though.  the itinerary while on the Amazon was just not what we had expected, our fault not Vikings.