athens ho ho blue bus schedule on november 26, 2024

indexcards

I have made reservation but am confused as to how early this bus will have pick ups at cruise terminal on November 26, 2023.   

Sights of Athens site is confusing.  If pick ups don't start early in morning it seems impossible to use it to get to Athens and spend any time at more than one site. Hope someone can clear this up for me.

Gretchen

13 hours ago, indexcards said:

I have made reservation but am confused as to how early this bus will have pick ups at cruise terminal on November 26, 2023.   

Sights of Athens site is confusing.  If pick ups don't start early in morning it seems impossible to use it to get to Athens and spend any time at more than one site. Hope someone can clear this up for me.

Have you tried contacting them directly to ask?  E-mail, social media, whatever.

11 hours ago, indexcards said:

have emailed twice, no response

We have twice taken taxis to central Athens and once used the metro from Piraeus after walking to it from the terminal., so  there is also a metro option and I have read about an express bus which runs from near the terminals. but I know nothing about that.  Unless it is essential to use a HOHO, you might want to look at other Piraeus to central Athens options as a potential Plan B should the HOHO not be a good option on the day.

And do look at HOHO reviews as increasingly in more and more cities which have become "over touristed" there are complaints about not being able to get onto already full buses, long waits for others, traffic slowing down movement around the city, HOHOS not able to drive into increasingly enlarged pedestrianised areas etc etc.

And once you have researched what you want to do in Athens, you may find that you have only short walking distances between your sights and would be quicker to walk, so would only need A to B transport anyway.  As an example, from the Acropolis to Plaka is only a few minutes walk, probably much faster and easier than a HOhO would be.  Google is your friend.

Edited by edinburgher

thank you all,

I did receive an answer from hoho and they do run in Athens in November. 

Don't want to do much (or any, lol) walking so think just taking bus ride will give us a good overview of city.

We may just visit the Acropolis Museum after one circle of city then back to ship.

• Like 1