Celiac on Oasis

Hoping to sail on Oasis next Feb and recently diagnosed with Celiac.  I know the main dining room will be able to accommodate but what about other places on the ship?  Is it safe to eat at the buffet?  other snack places?  what about the food on labadee and coco cay?

Also, does anyone know what the difference could be in booking through RCI vs 'celiaccruise.com'?  I see one of the dates is the date of their celiac cruise and I'm wondering what would actually be different.

Thanks!

47 minutes ago, sarahsentry said:

Hoping to sail on Oasis next Feb and recently diagnosed with Celiac.  I know the main dining room will be able to accommodate but what about other places on the ship?  Is it safe to eat at the buffet?  other snack places?  what about the food on labadee and coco cay?

Also, does anyone know what the difference could be in booking through RCI vs 'celiaccruise.com'?  I see one of the dates is the date of their celiac cruise and I'm wondering what would actually be different.

Thanks!

I actually was on a sailing in April that was also a "Celiac" cruise, and that might be something you would want to look into! I am sure you can google it and find the company that organizes it. It was on the Harmony in April. They separated the main dining room so half of it was Celiac only, and the Solarium Bistro was for Celiac (a replacement for Windjammer) and I think there was a few other venues. They also had Celiac events on the ship, but I wasn't with their group so idk what went on inside. I did talk to some people in the group and they said it was WONDERFUL for them

DH has successfully sailed on Royal as a Celiac  for over 15 years. MDR is the easiest, because you will consult with the headwaiter each night to plan your menu for the next night. That said, he loves breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer because of all the choices. Sometimes on some ships, GF items are well marked, but sometimes you may have to find someone wearing a white officer's uniform to assist you. Usually an officer will call for a chef to assist with safe choices, and sometimes the chef will suggest items than can be prepared to order. Pasta is one of his lunch favorites. I can't see the need to book a special celiac cruise, but some people may feel more secure doing that.

They make GF pizza in Sorrentos, there are GF cookies in the promenade cafe, some locations of Johnny Rockets and hot dog house have GF buns, and GF pancakes and toast are always available on request.

Happy sailing!

Barb

10 hours ago, sarahsentry said:

Thanks!

We sailed Oasis in feb 23. My mum is celiac and had a great cruise and was soo looked after. For breakfast my mom would eat in the park cafe. She would ring when she was leaving her room and the waiter ellen would go and get her some gluten free bread and jam etc..

For evening meal we ate in the windjammer where they have a fantastic chef for allergies called Jamie. He made her a surprise meal every night, currys, sti Fry's etc. Fresh cooked and amazing. 

Also not well know but you can get packs of gluten free cookies as well. Just ask behind a chef.