Celebrity Cruises Places Order for Interactive Television With Allin Corporation

mahdnc

Today's news release concerning a contract with interactive televisions aboard Celebrity ships. Century was specifically mentioned in the release: Celebrity Cruises Places Order for Interactive Television

the system to replace the system they installed in the Century when it was new. I remember back in 95, Celebrity was really pushing the interactive system on the Century class ships.

the system to replace the system they installed in the Century when it was new. I remember back in 95, Celebrity was really pushing the interactive system on the Century class ships.

Yes, they did push it hard. But if you remember, Celebrity attributed this marriage of video technology with a cruise ship to their alliance with SONY (which included the interactive cabin televisions, video conference room, Celebrity Theater, etc). So I don't know if Allin (who, according to their own website, formed in 1996 which is after the Century had already been inaugurated) was a subcontractor here or was spunoff from SONY....

Yes, they did push it hard. But if you remember, Celebrity attributed this marriage of video technology with a cruise ship to their alliance with SONY (which included the interactive cabin televisions, video conference room, Celebrity Theater, etc). So I don't know if Allin (who, according to their own website, formed in 1996 which is after the Century had already been inaugurated) was a subcontractor here or was spunoff from SONY....

I remember them really pushing SONY on the ships. They had salesmen and a shop in one of the hallways with all the new SONY equipment.

Allin did the original installations in 1995.

Did they really? I hope they do a better job this time. We were on the maiden voyage of the Century. The interactive system never worked correctly - never could see your account or pull up the wine list, etc. The movies shown on TV had some strange quirks. You would be watching a movie and get near the end when suddenly it would change to the middle of a different movie in a foreign language. And to top it off, there were many times when the screen would turn blue and you would see the computer programming being entered including passwords.

We really don't watch the TV that much on a cruise, but for the maiden voyage you had your choice of boarding in New York for a 10 day cruise or Ft. Lauderdale for 7 day. We chose the 10 day and the day we arrived in New York there was a blizzard that closed the rails and airports. So for 3 days there were only 300 passengers aboard and not many activities.

Did they really? I hope they do a better job this time. We were on the maiden voyage of the Century. The interactive system never worked correctly - never could see your account or pull up the wine list, etc. The movies shown on TV had some strange quirks. You would be watching a movie and get near the end when suddenly it would change to the middle of a different movie in a foreign language. And to top it off, there were many times when the screen would turn blue and you would see the computer programming being entered including passwords.

We really don't watch the TV that much on a cruise, but for the maiden voyage you had your choice of boarding in New York for a 10 day cruise or Ft. Lauderdale for 7 day. We chose the 10 day and the day we arrived in New York there was a blizzard that closed the rails and airports. So for 3 days there were only 300 passengers aboard and not many activities.

as we were on the ship in NYC as guests of the Captains Club. Cold and I remember it snowing when you guys left.

Archived