HAL “Bad Request” Error Message

forevercruising1

Particularly for the Americans that may not get the prompt to limit cookies to "strictly necessary", Firefox has a setting that may help (other browsers might have similar). Click the 3 lines (aka "the hamburger menu") in the top right, then choose "Settings". Click "Privacy and Security" on the left, then choose  "Strict" under Enhanced Tracking Protection. Yes, it has a scary sounding warning about maybe breaking sites, but I have had this on for as long as I can remember and there's never been I site I cared to visit that broke. This may not totally eliminate the problem, but if it is related to build-up of cookies, this should prevent some of them and thus stave off the need to clear them a bit longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still having issues today; can't do anything. And my cache is the cleanest it has ever been..!!(Sounds a little risque)..

I am also getting an odd message ( at least to me) on the bottom of the screen. What is this? Just started showing up a few days ago.

Screenshot_20230821_234155_Brave.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Still having issues today; can't do anything. And my cache is the cleanest it has ever been..!!(Sounds a little risque)..

I am also getting an odd message ( at least to me) on the bottom of the screen. What is this? Just started showing up a few days ago.

Screenshot_20230821_234155_Brave.jpg

That's the new HAL app. I haven't gotten that notice on my computer but got it on my phone months ago.

I just booked my next HAL cruise and I am itching to look into airfare possibilities.  Have been unable to get into most anything on the website today, constantly getting a "Bad Request" message.  Anyone know what the problem is?

Marilyn

2 hours ago, mjmagee said:

I just booked my next HAL cruise and I am itching to look into airfare possibilities.  Have been unable to get into most anything on the website today, constantly getting a "Bad Request" message.  Anyone know what the problem is?

Marilyn

I got this when using Edge but was ok when using Chrome

Received several times today when trying to resolve a FE issue.

Cleared cookies and cache...again...then launched Incagnito Mode. Was able to see the flights then when I clicked to see options, right back to the error. 

So, still happening. 

16 hours ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Thanks. Well, it doesn't do too much, either!!

Screenshot_20230822_002252_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, I don't use it, but there it is.

App icon looks the same on phone and just takes you to the website, which results in the same "bad request "

20230822_173906.jpg

2 hours ago, Red Haired Lady said:

I got this when using Edge but was ok when using Chrome

tried Chrome and did get in, then got a new error message saying they knew there was a problem with their system and they were working on it.  Sure hope so!

Marilyn

Its getting ridiculous, for 2 days now we have been trying to get in our accounts as we have 4 cruises booked and tying to book  additional specialty and excursions all we get is error messages might  be time they get new IT people This is getting very frustrating as we were  also trying to book more cruises for 2024 /25 with other friends.   

• Like 1

The 404 error is "page not found." When you redesign a website, you should redirect every old URL to its new location. (Think of it as a ton of forwarding addresses.) it's a lot of work, but you have to do it so things don't break.

You do this with 301 (moved permanently) and 302 (moved temporarily) redirects. If this was done correctly, you would not see the 404s - unless you tried to reach bad URL on purpose.

I'd wager $3 that the redirection wasn't done properly. (By way of background, I worked in the tech part of a tiny little company whose stock ticker is T.)

400, Bad Request is another common one. Also, just a blank white screen! Let's hope somebody is working on this; don't they want to sell cruises? 

I find the icon for the new app kind of strange - what on earth does the atom symbol have to do with HAL?? It seems a little dicey to me. It doesn't work anyway so I uninstalled it!🙃

1 hour ago, QuattroRomeo said:

what on earth does the atom symbol have to do with HAL

It's the HAL logo, albeit an oh-so-tiny version. Either someone got the scaling wrong or my old man eyes are much worse than I thought.

3 hours ago, POA1 said:

It's the HAL logo, albeit an oh-so-tiny version. Either someone got the scaling wrong or my old man eyes are much worse than I thought.

HAL logo? Not any version I've ever seen. Small or large, I don't see it, but maybe it's the new eye test and I failed?

I understand the "404 page not found" and just go find what I need when I get it. But can't do that w/the "400 bad request " as it doesn't allow you to go anywhere else; may as well be "server down."

I'm trying to make final payment that is due by Fri and apparently will have to call in because of the "400 bad request " error. It is happening w/greater frequency and really needs to be addressed. Grrr...

20230823_064417.jpg

13 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

It'll be addressed when they get a new IT dept.

So the next generation of HAL cruisers should have a lovely online experience  - I likely won't live that long and unlike my cat, I don't have 9 lives...

I got this message today using my Microsoft browser.  DH uses a different browser & things were fine, so I downloaded FireFox and was able to go into my HAL account, make a payment, buy transfers, etc.

Have I said lately that I DESPISE the HAL website????

After clearing cookies and using Chrome I was able to get in and look at flights.  Ended up booking elsewhere as choices were limited but thank you to all for advice on how to manage the issue.

Marilyn

On 8/23/2023 at 7:52 AM, Haljo1935 said:

HAL logo? Not any version I've ever seen. Small or large, I don't see it, but maybe it's the new eye test and I failed?

I pinned the HAL site in Chrome & Firefox. Chrome does not pick up the favicon but Firefox does. Maybe we're talking past one another. This is on a Pixel 7 Pro running up to date Android with developer options enabled.

Screenshot_20230831-103743.png

11 hours ago, POA1 said:

I pinned the HAL site in Chrome & Firefox. Chrome does not pick up the favicon but Firefox does. Maybe we're talking past one another. This is on a Pixel 7 Pro running up to date Android with developer options enabled.

Screenshot_20230831-103743.png

This is from stock Android 10 on Note 9 (no judging - I want expandable storage, lol). I do see the HAL logo in your Firefox and neither of yours looks like mine, maybe mine doesn't look like either of yours, lol.

20230823_064417.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo