Disney Magic Refurbished/Sailings

srobinet63

I have only been on one cruise and it was on the Disney Magic 22 years ago. It was a great cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. My adult disabled son who loves Disney as much as I do wants to go on a Disney cruise. At the time of our previous cruise he was not able to go. I was wondering how many times the Disney Magic has been refurbished over the years.  On the cruise we took Beauty and the Beast was the show I believe at Animator's Palace.  He is not into all of the Marvel characters/Super Hereos stuff. He prefers the older Disney characters and movies such as 101 Dalmations,Little Mermain,Cinderella etc. 

We are going on the Carnival Mardi Gras in a couple of weeks and it will be his first cruise. I would like to start planning the Disney cruise even if it's only a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas due to the cost.  

We will be sailing out of Port Canaveral but I am also about 2.5 hrs from New Orleans. What ship do you think would best suit his tastes? He is challenged and functions much more like a 10-12 year old.

My adult DS sounds very much like yours. He dearly loves to cruise and it is one of the things we can do as a family that we all enjoy, I hope it works that way for yours. We haven’t been on the Magic since 2011 so can’t speak to its condition now but it truly was a breathtaking ship, which you know.  In your position I would go with the Magic over the Wish since there is a full promenade deck for walking, something my DS adores, and a longer cruise is always better in terms of other guests. We went on a four day Wonder many years ago and I was absolutely amazed at the difference in guests between that and those on the seven day or longer cruises. Never again. Make sure to contact special services at both Carnival and Disney. Both are excellent in providing accommodations…tbh Carnival was much better at this than Disney.  I’ll add links to my Carnival and Princess cruises later today, they focus on traveling with adults with special needs.