IS GRANDEUR STILL AROUND?

sjde

When I was on Vision this past April they had a parade of nations in centrum and one of the officers said “We may be older and smaller but we have spirit and heart and loyal crew”.

I loved the layout of theatre with very comfortable seats and the nice buffet in front of ship.

• Like 2

Our first cruise was on Enchantment and our fifth on Lady G.  In between we've sailed on Oasis, Adventure and Anthem.  My favorite ships were far and away Enchantment and Lady G.  Sadly they are going to be a thing of the past before we know it.  Not that I really dislike the larger ships, I don't.  There is just something about the 'feel' of the more classic ships.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, edrussell said:

Our first cruise was on Enchantment and our fifth on Lady G.  In between we've sailed on Oasis, Adventure and Anthem.  My favorite ships were far and away Enchantment and Lady G.  Sadly they are going to be a thing of the past before we know it.  Not that I really dislike the larger ships, I don't.  There is just something about the 'feel' of the more classic ships.

I've sailed on the same ships (plus others) and I do like Lady G (sailed her 7 times).  Even though Enchantment was built as Lady G's twin (later stretched), it just didn't have the same feel.  I think part of it was my last cruise on Lady G was a couple weeks before the shut down when it was cruising as usual, but Enchantment was early in the restart phase with staff shortages and supply shortages.

• Like 1

We just sailed on Lady G last week from Tampa. She is an old ship. It’s very noticeable when you look at the dining room windows, the older style balconies and the rooms are quite creaky. However, the staff was great, we loved the look of the Palladium Theatre and the Centrum has an old school cruise elegance to it. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Sorry, I don't know the backstory.

Only that someone said it on here. No one at Royal calls her that. But we the stretched Grandeur, having sailed her before and after many times. It's worth a sailing to see if you can figure out where the added center part starts and finishes.

21 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Only that someone said it on here. No one at Royal calls her that. But we the stretched Grandeur, having sailed her before and after many times. It's worth a sailing to see if you can figure out where the added center part starts and finishes.

Grandeur was not stretched.  Her twin sister Enchantment was stretched.

• Like 1