Wheelchair Embarkation / Latitudes Priority Embarkation

Ambizzle

Hey Everyone

Slightly specific question, but does anyone have any guidance as to whether it is best to proceed to the Latitudes Priority section to check in on arrival and then wait on wheelchair service, or skip that entirely and just wait for the wheelchair? Is it an either one or the other process? 

The last time I travelled with my elderly Dad, the check in for wheelchairs in Miami was on the lower level as soon as you enter. We did not go to the upper level until he was sat in a wheelchair, so we never utilised the priority boarding. 

This time, we're sailing out of NYC on the Joy. I don't know what exactly is the correct procedure re: embarkation in these circumstances. 

Grateful for any suggestions/comments. 

@Ambizzle - Joy out of NYC earlier next month, I see ... Accessible or WC Assistance will board earlier or just ahead of Latitudes, being seated next to Door 3 - across from the designated (and, nowadays - small) Platinum seating area that's roped off.  

Everyone will board from the upper level, including check-in ... as you enter the terminal (Pier 88) look for a help desk to your left and/or ask one of the shore-based agents where the acessible desk is, etc. - they are usually helpful, together ... you can probably skip the long lines and get to do fast track, to the left thru security & then check-in.  Typically, expect boarding for Haven just before 11 am and WC assistance following that ... should get you onboard up those steep ramps in about 10 or 15 minutes - check any heavier bags with the porter, stationed outside the arrival area by the curbside.  

Older SIL of ours cruising together next month also using WC assistance next month out of NY, but will be later than your cruise - otherwise, will have more details to share.  Happy & safe travel and cruising, and, Cheers ! 

• Like 1