Post Cruise Transfers from San Antonio Chile to Santiago Airport

drtravel47

This past January 2023, we used  ilovechiletours.  https://www.ilovechiletours.com/.  for a private 6 pax transfer from San Antonio port to Santiago hotel with a tour of Valparaiso and Vino Del Mar.

Sebastian was our contact while planning the tour and also our English speaking tour guide. He was extremely responsive and easy to deal with in planning and customizing the tour and was a really great tour guide as well.  We do a lot of private tours around the world and he was one of the best.

I just tried booking on the ILoveChileTours website. They show all the different excursions available but when I clicked the “Book Excursion “ tab a message says they are not operating tours in the 2023-2024 season. 😞

That seems a little strange- I know Sebastian said he and his wife were trying to ramp up their business again after the lengthy covid shutdown.  I first contacted the company through email rather than actually trying to book a specific tour and we had a fairly long correspondence before he sent me a link and said to book the tour.  (My transfer and tour was customized, but basically the Valparaiso tour) I find that tour companies in the Middle East and South America seem to like corresponding thru WhatsApp, so you might want to try that and ask him.  

On a side note, one company I’m dealing with in the Middle East told someone he was not taking reservations for 2024 because he intends to raise prices and also increase min participants for group tours.🤷🏻‍♀️. Perhaps this might be the same scenario? 

As I said above, Sebastian was really good and we only had to put down a small deposit for the tour - the rest in USD cash after the tour.  We tried to book him for the next day in Santiago for a city tour and transfer to the airport, but he and his wife were fully booked.

On 8/21/2023 at 2:34 PM, drtravel47 said:

Does anyone have recommendations for a transfer from the port to the airport that includes tours of Valparaiso and Santiago? I have tried Chile Dream Tours, but they are sold out the day I need them (Jan. 20, 2024).

We booked a tour from the San Antonio  pier to Santiago with The German Pirate.  Their contact info is:

miguelarno@gmail.com

They will pick us up at the ship and we do a tour of Valparaiso and Casablanca Valley tour and they bring us to the airport of our hotel in Santiago.   The hour tour on December 2, 2023 is $130 US each.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mexico8 said:

We booked a tour from the San Antonio  pier to Santiago with The German Pirate.  Their contact info is:

miguelarno@gmail.com

They will pick us up at the ship and we do a tour of Valparaiso and Casablanca Valley tour and they bring us to the airport of our hotel in Santiago.   The hour tour on December 2, 2023 is $130 US each.

Edit: it is an 8 hour tour.

We used this company in March.  They were fab. https://puertosanantoniotours.com

guide was great, made multiple winery stops and had lunch along t he way.  Also did some walking in Valparaiso for the street art and he was full of interesting facts and knew nice overlooks and haggled with us to get better pricing from street vendors, etc.  was able to accommodate multiple hotel drop offs or airport drop offs from our one van at end of day. We organized a group through our roll call. 

A239A897-C90B-49F9-893E-7BEA1D35C5E3.jpeg

929279D6-13E4-4A84-B535-CF4A13911A46.jpeg

6114B9C3-7872-4CDE-8E09-8D0AA09C118E.jpeg

CDA468BB-2C15-47BF-8451-02D54E9CA7CF.jpeg

85C37854-866C-4089-BB5C-84A496997D0F.jpeg

9DC4B210-C1EF-4061-97FC-6F31517BAEA7.jpeg

128096D6-88C5-4611-87AB-C35926CECDB0.jpeg

82BB487E-2A92-4528-980F-A6988717E265.jpeg

• Thanks 1