Water package?

dritan

Hi all

I wonder if someone with a booking can help.  I'm thinking of booking a 2 cabin trip on Favolosa next year.  My daughter and myself will be in 1 cabin and as I drink alcohol, I'll get us the My Drinks package at time of booking.

My brother is a non alcohol drinker and doesn't really do fizzy drinks either.  If I book a cruise only cabin for him and my son, would I have the option of getting my son a kids drinks package after booking and my brother a water package?

Not sure if a water package exists as that's only available to see after you book and the website only references the My Drinks and My Drinks Plus options.

Thanks

For better understanding: there are two types of packages, the inclusive packages that give the right to order an unlimited number of drinks as My Drinks and My Drinks Plus and bundles that entitle to use a fix number of drinks. Bad enough both are named package, while the rules are very different. The unlimited packages mustn‘t be shared, the bundles may be shared.

Costa has a water bundle, but this represents a limited number of bottles water, currently 13 1-litre-bottles for 42 €. There are also softdrink bundles (20 drinks for 79 € or 40 for 135 €), 7 freshly squeezed juices for 33 €, or beer bundles or a combined bundles.

General rule is that everybody in one booking (not only the same cabin!) needs the same unlimited package. Of course two independent bookings can solve this. Since minors mustn‘t drink aboard either they will get by exception on the rule the alcohol free version of My Drinks (Plus).

The combination adult My Drinks + child alcohol free package works, adult water bundle + child alcohol free package doesn‘t. One adult and two kids all with package and another adult on another booking with water bundle only works as well, although this might be not the plan.

Thanks for all this info - it's great.  It looks like I can only book them as independent bookings as I don't get an option to select 2 cabins.  I'll take a look and see what the cost impact is if I do a three cabin with both kids and 1 cabin with a single but expect it will end up more costly.

Alternatively  I can pay as he drinks for my son if that's the only option.

I would look at the price lists and decide from there whether any package will actually pay off for you. Consider that you might be off the ship all day when you are in port. I noticed that I am better off just to pay what I do actually consume and with so many different needs for the different people in your group you might want to think about it. But I am fortunate to have the package of wine, beer and water with lunch and dinner included in my fare and I do book the water-bundle. I was on HAL one time and sitting with a young lady at the bar and the bar-tender talked us into the drink-package. I had to go back to guest-services the following day to cancel it because there was no way I would consume $ 49.00 a day on drinks.

Absolutely correct, everybody drinks differently. Sometimes Costa has My Drinks for free or for a reduced price, on world cruises only the drinks during lunch and dinner are included. However, in most cases the price difference between My Cruise and All Inclusive is 30 € per day. Don‘t forget to add 15% service charge to drinks bought individually, drinks at a total of 26.09 € plus service charge are the same as the regular price of My Drinks. Just a few days ago someone has uploaded here the most recent bar list.

Who drinks water only has very likely no benefit buying My Drinks at the regular price. A glass of mineral water is 1 € and one would need to drink at least 27 glasses water per day to be cheaper off. The same is valid for 9 cups of cappuccino. Or 8 glasses softdrink, or 5 glasses wine, or 4 regular mixed drinks or 3 to 4 cocktails. Or any combination of course, since hardly anyone will drink only cappuccini through the day. Who takes 2 cups of cappuccino, 2 glasses of water, 2 glasses of wine and a single cocktail (even one of the cheapest ones) has a benefit already. I for my part have no difficulties to drink so much - or should I say little regarding the pure need of staying hydrated.

I booked from several EU countries and here I never saw an alcohol free package for adults, at least not the kind of package that allows an unlimited number of drinks for a fixed amount. Also for my two upcoming cruises My Costa shows only the options My Drinks and My Drinks Plus for this kind of package (I am not sailing with kids). Of course there is the possibility to buy 20 and 40 drinks without alcohol - or several of these packages. Just as the 13 litre mineral water packages you can buy, wine by the bottle or X glasses of beer. Remains the problem of dritan that everybody in the same booking needs My Drinks (Plus) as soon as one has it. This is completely different with buying a number of drinks of course.