Stateroom location question (Next to room with balc hot tub)

tofubeast

We are currently booked in a Fantastica mid-ship balcony cabin next door to a suite that has a hot tub.  I know you never know who’s going to be next to you…. BUT, do you think it might be extra loud on the balcony next-door due to the hot tub or not? 

I first chose the room on Seashore because I liked that the railing curves right after ours, and we get to see the backend of the ship.  However, now I’m wondering if it might be extra loud next to us due to the hot tub suite and perhaps we should change staterooms. 

What would you do?

7 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

DW and I were in a suite with a hot tub on Seaside some time ago. we honestly never used it. The layout of the balcony was terrible for the hot tub. 

Not to hijack the thread, but what was wrong with the layout of the balcony? We are looking to maybe book a Whirlpool Suite on the Seascape in May.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Not to hijack the thread, but what was wrong with the layout of the balcony? We are looking to maybe book a Whirlpool Suite on the Seascape in May.

If you are referring to “Aurea suite with whirlpool bath” on the exact corners where the ship narrows, this entire cabin set-up has flaws.

It is long and narrow, and reminds me of a hallway. The balcony is somewhat narrow to have a decent sized jacuzzi tub on it. The ones that are out there are not actual hot tubs, but bathtub types.

And, if you are in the aft facing cabins, the pool deck can look directly into your balcony. You get plenty of gawkers going “omg they have a hot tub” , and stuff like that. DW and I got “upgraded” into one shortly before the bid process started, and I would have rather had my aurea balcony. 

Edited by UPNYGuy

1 hour ago, UPNYGuy said:

If you are referring to “Aurea suite with whirlpool bath” on the exact corners where the ship narrows, this entire cabin set-up has flaws.

It is long and narrow, and reminds me of a hallway. The balcony is somewhat narrow to have a decent sized jacuzzi tub on it. The ones that are out there are not actual hot tubs, but bathtub types.

And, if you are in the aft facing cabins, the pool deck can look directly into your balcony. You get plenty of gawkers going “omg they have a hot tub” , and stuff like that. DW and I got “upgraded” into one shortly before the bid process started, and I would have rather had my aurea balcony. 

I looked up some photos and it seems that the hot tubs are different between the Seaside and the Seascape, so maybe our experience won't be as bad. I do agree that the layout of the rooms is a bit weird with how long and narrow they are.

4 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I looked up some photos and it seems that the hot tubs are different between the Seaside and the Seascape, so maybe our experience won't be as bad. I do agree that the layout of the rooms is a bit weird with how long and narrow they are.

I did notice that the tubs look a bit different.