Transferring a booking to my TA

bookitdanno

• bookitdanno changed the title to Transferring a booking to my TA

Yes you can. I have done this when I have booked on board and when I have booked on the website. On board, the future cruise consultant had me sign a paper saying I authorized the transfer. 

Off ship, I just call the TA and give them the booking number. Sometimes I have to send an email to confirm that choice. 

Not sure if it applies to all TAs but I am required to transfer the booking within 90 days of original booking, and it has to be before final payment and any cancellation period has expired. 

• Thanks 1

I believe the limit for transferring a cruise is now 60 days imposed by HAL.  You have to fill out a form to get it transferred and send it to World Cruise Reservations, I believe.

For me, it’s not worth the hassle.  For others it is.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We transferred. a booking to a TA recently, & like Kazu says there is a form to fill out & be sent to "world cruise reservations."  Once I figured out how to do it, it was easy.  The cruise line won't allow the TA to send it in/fill it out.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Holly g said:

Where exactly is the form?  Looking to transfer also and I was told 30 days.   Thanks. 

Our TA sent us the form through email & I emailed it back.  If I remember correctly is was world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com.  But the travel agent you want to use should help with this, since they want your business.

I've used the form to transfer bookings several times w/o issue. Last month, though, I  had them all kicked back saying I either needed separate forms from the 2nd pax or I needed to add a statement to each of them that I was financially responsible for the booking. Once I did that, I immediately received confirmation of the transfers.

Maybe I got someone new or maybe they're just being more particular and not "rubber stamping" them.