XP and X guarantee balcony

Sallyandtex

I can't specifically answer your question, BUT the "quality" of the rooms is absolutely the same whether you book a V1, V2, or V3, as is the on board service. The only difference is the physical location on the small ship, V1 in the center, V3 forward bow or rear stern, and V2 sort of wedged between the 1 and 3.  I'm guessing XP is a guaranteed Veranda Plus, which gives you a few of the VP perks (which IMHO are much less expensive to purchase than to buy as the Veranda Plus Package.) I have cruised "guaranteed" on several occasions, and it was a brilliant, money saving move. The worst we ever settled for was a rear cabin, 2 doors down from one of the Owner's Suites. If Inside Room is your thing (and it probably should be) for a) short i.e. 7 nights and b) port intensive i.e. "If it's Tuesday, this must be Belgium", look at the difference in price between choosing your room and their choosing the room. If you save $75 by going Guaranteed, personally, I'd shell out the big bucks. If it's $1000 difference, it really is a no brainer. Remember, all the rooms, all the services are the same! In your case, $3000 is almost an entire 2nd cruise. Go Guarantee Veranda. You will probably get a V3 category room, but then again, you just might get a 2 or a 1. Have a great trip!

• Thanks 1

Be careful with a veranda plus room if you are not chosing the room.  The location of some of the VP rooms on Deck 8 is not great as you get noise from above

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I recently booked a balcony guarantee X saving just under £2000 total cost of a V3 cabin. We were allocated a V3 a couple of days later. Happy with the allocation as will use the savings towards flights, hotel etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1