Grandeur Review 3/11-3/16

40+guy

Great time, nice ship.

I've read several other reviews in the past so I'll try not to rehash anything. This cruise occured over spring break - there were lots of families and lots of college students. The college students at times proved obnoxious - but for every 1-2 who were being idiots there were 3-4 who were just there to have a good time and tried not to be a fool.

Embarking was smooth- very little wait, we got there about noon and had to wait until about 12:30 to board. Our rooms were not ready so we went to the Windjammer for a late lunch and wandered around the ship for a while until we were able to drop off our luggage.

When we arrived at our rooms we met our cabin steward, Colin. He proved to be a great guy - always friendly and helpful. We got towell animals two nights as well as a few clever arrangements with our pillows.

When departing Tampa we did notice a vibration as the ship was leaving port moving slowly, this was repeated a couple of other times during the trip when we were moving slowly.

We ate in the Gatsby for about 1/2 of our meals where the service was outstanding. Our waiter was Paulo who was assisted by Geniveve. The head waiter, Mr. Sethi proved to be an excellent example of a service professional, friendly and helpful! We enjoyed the variety, flavor and presentation each evening. There were few disappointments- mostly due to difficult choices needing to be made with all the selections! Yes there was lobster on Tuesday night.

The entertainment was decent, but I didn't take advantage of all the opportunities. The ship was clean, but it was showing a little wear- but then again what wouldn't given the number of people traipsing around it every day. Our only complaints focused on the tendering process for the ports- this was very disorganized IMHO.

4.5 stars out of 5

Thanks for the post/review....we leave in a week...any tips you would offer that would make our experience even more enjoyable? I noticed that your boarding was a little later than normal. Was that the time they began boarding? Do you think it was delayed due to the recent illness on board?

I am not sure why we boarded at 12:30, although RCCL encourages you to not arrive until 2:00 pm.

I would be happy to offer tips whenever possible, feel free to ask a few questions.

Archived