The Alaska 2025 Cruises Are Available

LaRue1975

19 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I can't find anything for 2025 in Alaska. The website stops at Sept. 2024.

Princess, Holland America and NCL are all open for 2025 Alaskan season.   Just booked a 7 day on the Discovery Princess out of Seattle, followed up with a 9 day on the NCL Joy, with a day in between to visit my daughter.   Princess and Holland America have been renowned for being the best lines for Alaska.

16 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

I just checked the Carnival website again and there are Alaska cruises from April to September 2025. All from Seattle on the Spirit and Luminosa. None from San Francisco, maybe they will add those later? 

The Ruby Princess is doing 11 eleven day cruises and 1 twenty two day cruise to Alaska from SF in the 2025 season.

4 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Princess, Holland America and NCL are all open for 2025 Alaskan season.   Just booked a 7 day on the Discovery Princess out of Seattle, followed up with a 9 day on the NCL Joy, with a day in between to visit my daughter.   Princess and Holland America have been renowned for being the best lines for Alaska.

I had the 14 day September 2024 Spirit booked and changed it to a 14 day September 2025 Holland.  Ended up being less money, better ports and got all the perks so only need to pay for shore excursions above the $400 credit.

• Like 1

I priced the Venezia in Alaska for Sept 2025, and Carnival's price was within $400.00 of the Eurodam, with grats. But the Eurodam also included drinks, specialty restaurant, wi-fi, and OBC that Carnival didn't. I'm also booked on the Ovation of the Seas for Sept 2024, which is $1100.00 less than Carnival. I have no idea what they're thinking.

• Like 1

The HAL advantage is the incredible amount of open deck space that allows you to really see Alaska. HAL is the only line (that I am aware of) that opens the bow and upper decks to view the glaciers. In addition their walk around promenade with classic wooden deck chairs provides another great vantage point.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

I had the 14 day September 2024 Spirit booked and changed it to a 14 day September 2025 Holland.  Ended up being less money, better ports and got all the perks so only need to pay for shore excursions above the $400 credit.

5 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I priced the Venezia in Alaska for Sept 2025, and Carnival's price was within $400.00 of the Eurodam, with grats. But the Eurodam also included drinks, specialty restaurant, wi-fi, and OBC that Carnival didn't. I'm also booked on the Ovation of the Seas for Sept 2024, which is $1100.00 less than Carnival. I have no idea what they're thinking.

Glad to see that you took the blinders off and saw what the competition is offering.  Many Carnival devotees only cruise on Carnival and never consider any other line.  It's their vacation money of course, but there is great value in the packages offered by HAL and Princess.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jsglow said:

Yeah, despite being a Carnival fan, Alaska is best done on either Princess or HAL in my view.

We did Alaska for the first time this year on the Majestic Princess for 14 days.  Liked it so much we're going back in 2025 for a 7/9 day S2S with a day off in between.  Discovery Princess and NCL Joy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Glad to see that you took the blinders off and saw what the competition is offering.  Many Carnival devotees only cruise on Carnival and never consider any other line.  It's their vacation money of course, but there is great value in the packages offered by HAL and Princess.

For me it was trying to get to Diamond and now it is where do I want to go and what do I get for my money.  Can go wash a load of laundry myself if I need it.

2 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

For me it was trying to get to Diamond and now it is where do I want to go and what do I get for my money.  Can go wash a load of laundry myself if I need it.

We currently have 5 booked on Carnival, 2 different B2B's on the Celebration and 10 days on the Venezia next May.  The cruise after that is when my DH finally hits Diamond and our Carnival bookings with be sporadic at that point.  We like to cruise on new builds and Carnival may not have another one till 2030.

Edited by CruizinSusan70

On 8/26/2023 at 8:33 AM, RD64 said:

The HAL advantage is the incredible amount of open deck space that allows you to really see Alaska. HAL is the only line (that I am aware of) that opens the bow and upper decks to view the glaciers. In addition their walk around promenade with classic wooden deck chairs provides another great vantage point.

They also bring on Naturalists and Alaskan Geographic (think Nat Geo but expert focus is AK) to talk about the wildlife, history, etc and answer questions. Kiddos can participate in Jr Ranger programs and everyone can get a Glacier Bay National Park stamp. All at no extra charge. 

Plus their signature Dutch Pea Soup served complimentary in various locations while visiting Glacier Bay. 

Yes, HAL is a great choice for AK.

But whatever your plans, safe travels  - enjoy your cruise!

20230502_103310.jpg