Hi, I bought travel insurance on 7/10/22 for cruise in 11/16/23. Cruise was canceled by cruise line. I asked if I could save insurance for later booking a trip and the dates were moved to 11/2025 (have to use by). I rebooked a cruise for 9/14/24 so had dates changed for that policy for the new cruise. They sent me confirmation for new dates so everything looks ok, but, email states,  "Please note that travel dates cannot be extended past a departure more than 2 years on from the original purchase date." So, do I have coverage or not since my new dates are past 2 years of originally purchasing the insurance? I want to make sure we are covered! So confusing! iTravelinsured Travel SE  Thanks, Luana

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lubedobedo said:

Hi, I bought travel insurance on 7/10/22 for cruise in 11/16/23. Cruise was canceled by cruise line. I asked if I could save insurance for later booking a trip and the dates were moved to 11/2025 (have to use by). I rebooked a cruise for 9/14/24 so had dates changed for that policy for the new cruise. They sent me confirmation for new dates so everything looks ok, but, email states,  "Please note that travel dates cannot be extended past a departure more than 2 years on from the original purchase date." So, do I have coverage or not since my new dates are past 2 years of originally purchasing the insurance? I want to make sure we are covered! So confusing! iTravelinsured Travel SE  Thanks, Luana

Hi lubedobedo,

Until Thursday August 24, 2023, IMG would let you buy a policy for a trip departing more than 2 years from the purchase date, but they wouldn't move it to a departure date more than 2 years from purchase date.

Now someone can't buy an IMG policy for a trip departing more than 2 years from the purchase date.

I don't know who you are, but if you bought your IMG policy from us, will you email me at steve@tripinsurancestore.com with the change you need. I'll take it to IMG.

If you bought it from someone else, contact them for their help.

Steve Dasseos

• Thanks 1