Hotel recommendation post cruise for Auckland?

LabMom57

It depends on your budget really. Anywhere on lower Queen Street or thereabouts would be handy to Viaduct and Commercial Bay area restaurants and ferries. Movenpick is very nice, the rooms are quite small but modern and clean, and some rooms and the restaurant have great views of the harbour. If on more of a budget, the Quest on Queen serviced apartments are very good value in a great location. I’ve stayed at both and recommend. I’ve also stayed at Fable Queen Street (luxury!) and City Life Queen Street which is further up the hill (mid-range).

Edited by Bugalugsnz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

downtown Auckland is very walkable. We stayed pre cruise and post land tour, so I chose a serviced apartment with a washing machine , and I quite like making my own breakfast. I think it was on Albert street, we could see the sky tower from the balcony. and it was walking distance from the cruise ship terminal. 

you mentioned the ferries, yes absolutely you want to get out on the water in Auckland harbour, its one of the best in the world. We were lucky enough to be taken sailing by friends who live there, was one of the high points of a trip with many. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1