Have you ever cruised out of Reykjavik?

Hello fellow cruisers! 

Looking at a cruise on the Norwegian Star that cruises out of Reykjavik, ending in NYC.  Curious if anybody has done a cruise of our Reykjavik before? Pros? Cons? Iceland is on my list of places to see, so I would like to fly in a few days early before the cruise. 

Thanks! 

Yeah, there's a recent thread as noted above.  It might take a while...

We did the Star out of Iceland last summer. We had a blast, but it was because we had a great group, and great bartenders.  The food was not good (as the recent thread will tell you - STILL not good).  We were on the Spirit 2 weeks ago in Alaska, and I can absolutely tell you the food was much, much better.  So, beware the food on the Star.

We rented a house on the South side of Iceland for a week, and explored Iceland.  If we were to do it again, we'd rent a camper.  But still a great time.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 2:15 PM, teacher/bartender said:

Hello fellow cruisers! 

Looking at a cruise on the Norwegian Star that cruises out of Reykjavik, ending in NYC.  Curious if anybody has done a cruise of our Reykjavik before? Pros? Cons? Iceland is on my list of places to see, so I would like to fly in a few days early before the cruise. 

Thanks! 

Are you aware that there is a cruise out of Reykjavik, ending in Boston. The ship is the Jade. It's one day shorter than the Star cruise. I'm currently thinking about a cruise out of Reykjavik. I'm not sure which ship would be better (Star or Jade)? Haven't been on either one. Hopefully someone had been on both ships and give us their opionion?

4 hours ago, jack300s said:

Are you aware that there is a cruise out of Reykjavik, ending in Boston. The ship is the Jade. It's one day shorter than the Star cruise. I'm currently thinking about a cruise out of Reykjavik. I'm not sure which ship would be better (Star or Jade)? Haven't been on either one. Hopefully someone had been on both ships and give us their opionion?

Jade.  Better ship than Star. 

Star and sister ship Dawn are our least fave ships of the NCL fleet …. no forward Observation Lounge (aka Spinnaker). 

But … Star goes to Greenland on the way, Jade doesn’t. That is the deciding point.  

On 8/28/2023 at 12:28 AM, teacher/bartender said:

Thank you! @YVRteacher - just found your live trip review after posting. Such a bummer because everything about the cruise looks amazing, except for the Star apparently, 😞 

Hi there! We’re onboard the Star right now in Bergen. I was told YVRteacher has a great post or blog(?)About what to do in all the ports. It sounds wonderful and just the help we need 😍 please tell me how I can find it ? Thanks so much 🌷Suellen