W.Caribbean: is there shopping on every pier?

MamaParrotHead

We're headed W. Caribbean, and looking at excursions. While we really enjoy active and different excursions, we like to atleast poke around in the local shops for an hour or two before heading back to the ship. Can anyone tell me if Coz, GC and Ocho Rios have decent shopping (not looking for any major purchases, just some unique items to the area and hoping every shop isn't a tshirt shop) near the pier/tendering area (or within quick walking distance)? Thanks. :)

You most definitely will encounter plenty of shops to browse at just about any port - definitely those that you are visiting. Everything from refrigerator magnets and t-shirts, to expensive jewelry!

In Coz, yes right at the end of the pier, your typical souvinirs, hats, bags, shirts etc...

In GC there is everthing from low end merchandise to high end ...

I have'nt been to Jamaica so I can't answer that for you

enjoy:)

In Ocho Rios there is a place called Island Village for shopping. Depending on where ya dock-- but it is within walking distance. Nice place. But if you head left instead of right into Island Village will be a shopping center with cheaper prices for the same items.

Grand Cayman is the most expensive port on your list. Shopping is across the street from where all the ships tenders leave them. this is where you buy your rum cakes.

Cozumel- I dont know where the tenders are tendering-- shopping is downtown.

In Cozumel, tenders are docking either at the downtown pier or at the international docks.

If your ship docks at the downtown pier, the shops line across the street from the pier.

If your ship docks at the international pier, there are some shops there at the pier. You could pick up your souveniers and jewelry there. But to get more variety, you may consider catching a taxi just behind the shops. It's $6 for a taxi.

In Grand Cayman, the shops are across the street from where the tenders dock.

I've only been to Ocho Rios once and we docked far away from the shopping area.

I've taken the western intinerary (or some variation of it) now five times. I prefer to shop in Cozumel. In Jamaica the vendors are too pushy for me. Grand Cayman is quite expensive. I've found better deals in Cozumel.

Archived