For those with kids, DePalm Island or another beach??

RN7997

We will be renting jeeps for the day too. We plan to stop at baby beach. Is the 1/2 day DePalm Island worth the $$$??? Or should we go to a different beach. We will be with at least 2 couples that do not have kids with them. Will they like DePalm??? How is the lunch there????

Any help appreciated.

Baby beach is a good beach for kids, the water is calm and clear and shallow.

DePalm island is a little different. It would still be good for kids, there are tons of things to do there (snorkel, snuba, I think there was a playground etc...) and if I'm not mistaken the price to get over to the island covers your lunch cost and drinks. I didn't see anyone paying for the food while we were there. They have a BBQ type lunch with hamburgers, hotdogs and a buffet of different meats and cold salads as well as drinks (mixed drinks, soft drinks and their local beer) I don't think you have to pay any extra for this.

We really enjoyed DePalm Island but we like the water (snorkeling, snuba etc...) if you don't like those sorts of things then DePalm island probably won't interest you. The beach there isn't that great honestly. Not nearly as pretty as Palm or Baby Beach.

Hope this helps

Brooke is right about the beach at De Palm island. It is not a picturesque type of beach. However there is a lot of different activites to do here including a playground for the kids. The water is beautiful the snorkeling is good - the reef is dead but there are a ton of fish. The 1/2 day we were there we saw a lot of young kids snorkeling with their parents here - it is very shallow. Also next to the snorkeling area they made a nice protected cove where the water is very calm great for wading and for young kids. Also, the bar, food and bathroom are just steps away. We like everything close and convenient so we can sit back and enjoy. Also, we regretted not bringing our kids with us this day (they were on the ship). They would have had a great time here. BTW they are 6 and 3 yo.

HTH

Archived