has anyone done / will do a Vow Renewal on Jamacia?

We are planning a honeymoon/VR on the aug 7th enchantment of the sea cruise. We got married in 2002 ( read: eloped) and it wasn't a very pleasant day for us. so we want to renew our vows and take a honeymoon. well from what I can see and from the Rccl.com website, the VR on the ship does not seem all that special. Are there any places on Jamacia that have a nice VR package and in a gorgeous area. also what are the prices? thanks

Which port are you cruising into? Montego Bay or Ocho Rios?

If at Ocho Rios, you could always do something at Shaw Park Gardens - a beautiful location. This link speaks of a recent wedding there: http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=158097554&m=392108291

We went there on our very first cruise in 2000 and took lots of pics. Very pretty. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

~ Mandy

NCL Sky 12/2000 - Western Caribbean

Celebrity Galaxy 12/2001 - Southern Caribbean

S/S Norway 03/2003 wedding cruise - Eastern Caribbean

~~~~ Married on the beach in St John! ~~~~

HAL ms Maasdam 11/23/2003 - Western Caribbean

Try this link: http://members.tripod.com/crumbie_larry/jawed/id27.htm

I searched "Island Dream Weddings"+"Jamaica" on google.com since that is who stlrboo mentioned in the review/link I gave you in the previous post. Looks fairly reasonable for vow renewals! Even the video looks like a good deal - we paid $350 for an edited 20-minute video, and their's is $300 for edited 45-60 minute video.

~ Mandy

I have no clue on that question. Just whatever is on the website - but yet I don't see "professional photographer" listed ala carte - only included in the one $800 wedding package including reception. (We married on St John, so I am not familiar with Ocho Rios vendors). Maybe stlrboo will see this post and be able to answer... or you could contact that wedding coordinator to ask about photography packages with vow renewals.

Another option might be to contact "A Wedding For You" and see if they do only vow renewals - http://www.aweddingforyou.com/destin/jamaica.htm

That waterfall really is as gorgeous as it seems! Hubby took my picture in front of it on our tour of the gardens, and my parents thought I had just stood in front of a backdrop or something! It was a REAL backdrop! icon_smile.gif

Archived