Email From Cunard - Missing Immigration Notice

BeachTunes

Hello,

Our first Cunard cruise is now excitedly less than 6 weeks away. 🙂

On August 11th we received an email from Cunard titled "Missing Immigration Notice". I called Cunard and the agent told me nothing was missing as our passports, contact info, etc were all uploaded correctly. She didn't know why the email had been sent. 

On August 26th I got the exact same email. I'm planning on calling Cunard again but am expecting the same scenario as two weeks ago. 

Has anyone received such an email before? My fear is that something is askew and we won't be allowed to board on October 9th. 

Thanks for your input!

I wouldn't worry then, unless you have spent more than 90 days in that area in the last 180 days then entry to that area is straightforward, and if passing via the UK you can stay for all of that 180 days. Carnival's IT surpasses many people's logic chain, and I don't think it's the humans at fault on that one.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the reassurance! 

I called Cunard again to be safe and the agent said everything looked good on her end so it must indeed be an IT glitch. 

I did notice that the option of including our province wasn't on the address form so I added that beside our city just in case. 🙂

• Like 1

Our travel agent  and I have received this several times.  Three of those were for Alaska cruises from Vancouver which of course return to Vancouver.  The first time we got the notice was for an Atlantic crossing. Our TA contacted Cunard and they had no idea what it was about. So we now ignore it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Here's a link to an earlier thread I remembered where it turned out the "Missing Immigration Information" email was triggered by issues with the Emergency Contact details.

This year I noticed the Emergency Contact area simply wouldn't accept all of my wife's info (although it accepted mine). A call to Cunard sort-of fixed it, although the "Relationship to you" field remains empty. I anxiously await notification of the absence.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

This year I noticed the Emergency Contact area simply wouldn't accept all of my wife's info (although it accepted mine). A call to Cunard sort-of fixed it, although the "Relationship to you" field remains empty. I anxiously await notification of the absence.

Yeah, the Emergency Contact details hasn't worked correctly for years in the Cunard US version of My Cunard, and as sometimes happens with bugs like this, no one seems to be working on fixing it.

I've had the same symptoms as you on several bookings over the past few years. I can enter my Emergency Contact details (as the lead passenger) but not my wife's. But then I can't modify my own Emergency Contact details once entered. Attempts to enter or modify those details results in this error message displayed in faint red near the top of the screen.

"Invalid Emergency Contact Address - State"

The only way I've managed to get the Emergency Contact details entered for my wife or changed for either of us is to call Cunard Customer Service and have them update the information. They seem to know about this long-standing issue with My Cunard as it's apparently a very common request for the Customer Service reps to handle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I received this email last year before a transatlantic crossing, I'm also Canadian. For me it turned out the US needed an address for where I would be staying on arrival in New York, the sort of information you might fill out on a landing card during a flight. I called Cunard and gave them the hotel information over the phone. 

• Like 1

@sucramdi Thanks for this! I think I'll call back and share our pre-cruise Barcelona hotel info just to cover all of the bases! 

Thanks everyone for all of your input on this. Sounds like we're set. I was told by the agent that everything was checked off and good to go in their systems so I won't fret.

2 minutes ago, BeachTunes said:

I think I'll call back and share our pre-cruise Barcelona hotel info just to cover all of the bases! 

Might be worth adding I was sailing out of Southampton and disembarking in New York. 

• Like 1