First Time on NCL - Great Experience!!

Wingman2010

Just returned from our first NCL voyage (Jewel, Alaska southern route), DW and I were very pleased.  Our background: many RCCL cruises, several Celebrity and Carnival trips, one Princess cruise.  

Things we really liked:

-Staff on this ship was very pleasant and eager to please (something we've seen declining on other lines)

-Food in the non-specialty restaurants (including the buffet) was consistently good, we didn't see the need to bother with the upcharge places.

-Ship was clean and kept that way throughout the cruise.  No issues with non-bussed tables in the buffet or dishes left in hallways like we are seeing on other lines.

-Decent entertainers in the smaller ship venues- we never even made it to the big production shows!!

We realize that this is just one data point but this strong first impression certainly will lead to a second NCL cruise!!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

So happy to hear. I’m trying NCL in December which will be after 2 Celebrity cruises. Hopefully I will fall in love and have found my line which is better value as a single compared to Celebrity. I’m a little worried it will be too casual, I don’t want my cruise to turn out like a video of “people of Walmart” lol.

1 hour ago, SoloAlaska said:

So happy to hear. I’m trying NCL in December which will be after 2 Celebrity cruises. Hopefully I will fall in love and have found my line which is better value as a single compared to Celebrity. I’m a little worried it will be too casual, I don’t want my cruise to turn out like a video of “people of Walmart” lol.

Hard for me to assess this based on this Alaska NCL cruise....  Pretty much an LL Bean dress code every day...😂

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Wingman2010 said:

Hard for me to assess this based on this Alaska NCL cruise....  Pretty much an LL Bean dress code every day...😂

Haha LL bean vs Patagonia. I’m not a Caribbean person so Alaska or TAs are Northern Europe are my ideal itineraries. Shorts and tank tops are not my weather.