Celebrity excursion - Resorts World & Bimini

dreamboat43

I see an excursion in Bimini for Resort World and beach.  The excursion shows a 8am starting time.  Does this excursion really start at 8am or can you go at your leisure?  My understanding is that it is only a short tram ride to Resorts World.   Any advice would be appreciated.  

46 minutes ago, dreamboat43 said:

I see an excursion in Bimini for Resort World and beach.  The excursion shows a 8am starting time.  Does this excursion really start at 8am or can you go at your leisure?  My understanding is that it is only a short tram ride to Resorts World.   Any advice would be appreciated.  

You can go at your leisure but we went at 10 am and it was a challenge getting beach chairs

30 minutes ago, cruisinsusin said:

You can go at your leisure but we went at 10 am and it was a challenge getting beach chairs

Really? they must not have opened the entire Beach club.. The Bimini beach Club is HUGE, with two separate large pools and surrounding chairs and a huge beach front. I have gone there via a Virgin Voyages cruise: photos below.

PXL_20220729_184049588 (1).jpg

PXL_20220729_183218590 (1).jpg

PXL_20220729_183540783 (1).jpg

PXL_20230121_172035261.jpg

PXL_20230121_171414054.jpg

PXL_20230121_171948691.MP.jpg

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

Really? they must not have opened the entire Beach club.. The Bimini beach Club is HUGE, with two separate large pools and surrounding chairs and a huge beach front. I have gone there via a Virgin Voyages cruise: photos below.

PXL_20220729_184049588 (1).jpg

PXL_20220729_183218590 (1).jpg

PXL_20220729_183540783 (1).jpg

PXL_20230121_172035261.jpg

PXL_20230121_171414054.jpg

PXL_20230121_171948691.MP.jpg

It was packed. There was no space like the photo above.😕There was an area roped

off for members. There were chairs in full sun many rows back from the water’s edge but we had to track down an attendant and tip him well to go somewhere and bring umbrellas back from storage ( the first attendant told us no more umbrellas). We did not go to the pool so can’t comment on that. People arriving after us did not get umbrellas and wandering around looking for chairs together for their family group.

There is a free tram that runs from the dock to the resorts, so you can come and go as you please.

We were in Bimini last year and opted for a more laid back and less expensive option. Skip the tram to the resorts and walk down the pier until you get to the street. Grab a cab and ask them to take you to Radio Beach. The beach is free and the taxi is $5 a person. Order some conch fritters and have a pina colada made from a coconut. One of the best DIY "excursions" we ever did.

20220218_130026.jpg

20220218_144126.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Part of the resort is reserved for Virgin voyages only.  I have read many reports that the beach chairs are on top of each other and limited umbrellas, loud music, mold in the pool and long waits to board the tram to get back to ship.  We will be there mid-September and we canceled our excursion we had booked there.  I also heard the public beach next to cruise port is across from a sewage plant and if the wind is blowing the wrong way it’s quite aromatic.

All this is hearsay from others posts.  I have no first hand knowledge..yet..

I agree with the others; the front row chairs fill up quickly. We had a similar time of 8 am and I’m glad we went that early to get a good spot. We were less than impressed by this excursion overall. It had the potential to be nice, based on the facilities, but it fell short of that. You get a welcome drink upon entering, and then a voucher for a lunch and a drink. The line to redeem the lunch voucher was very long and once you placed your order, you then got into another line to wait for the food. The choices were things like cheeseburgers and chicken sandwiches, with a bag of chips and a soda. We didn’t go to the pool, but the music was very loud and I was surprised by some of the songs that were playing😳 The beach was beautiful but the resort itself wasn’t our favorite. I love the DIY suggestion above, and will look into that if we go again! 

Another suggestion for those of you who love to sit on a towel on the sand. Take the free shuttle to Bimini Beach Club, but get off the stop right next door to the beach club. This is a public beach with a restroom, located along the same beach front at no cost. When you get hungry you can walk the short distance along the beach and buy food at the beach club venue. 

We took the cab to Radio Beach last Oct and rented loungers + umbrella from the vendor there. The loungers and umbrella were in poor shape. The public restrooms were a block away near the small marketplace, plus very dirty. However, the beach was beautiful, there were very few people there, and it was a great deal compared to what people were paying to go to the beach club. It was easy to hail a taxi for the way back to the ship from in front of the market.

• Like 1

We too took a $ 5.00 pp cab ride to the beach. If you like to try the local beer have the cab driver stop at the Liquor store before the beach( sadly we found out afterwards) but beer was very cheap there.

we arranged a pick up time and the cab driver was on time.