Sky Suite vs Concierge Class

floralscent

Hello. We are sailing Japan on Millie in October, currently in a C3 category (port side aft) and we are 100% perfectly happy with our chosen cabin/class. I just received an email regarding an upgrade and am considering bidding for a Sky Suite. 

For those that have bid before, do you have suggestions or tips on bidding? Is there really a big difference between Concierge class and a Sky Suite? After viewing videos online, it appears as though the room isn’t much of an upgrade but the other perks included might be. We already have the premium beverage pkg, wi-fi and have specialty dining reservations. 

Our itinerary is very port intensive so not sure it’s worth the extra, if excepted. We will finally be Elite after this cruise and I wonder if Celebrity considers that when choosing those that get upgraded. 

Thank you for any advice- I appreciate these boards immensely!!!

21 minutes ago, floralscent said:

We will finally be Elite after this cruise and I wonder if Celebrity considers that when choosing those that get upgraded. 

Starting with this one, no, that isn't a factor as Celebrity out-source the bidding process to a 3rd party with the sole objective being to maximise revenue from the chain of upgrades.

So for example if you bid for the SS but nobody bids for your C3, someone with a lower bid than you could win it if they are moving from a cabin that others have bid for...

The total revenue gained from the whole chain of upgrade bids is what counts...

21 minutes ago, floralscent said:

it appears as though the room isn’t much of an upgrade but the other perks included might be. We already have the premium beverage pkg, wi-fi and have specialty dining reservations.

It looks like the only thing you are really going to get is Luminae and the Retreat.

If you were on anything other than an M class ship I'd say it wasn't worth it, but on Millennium the speciality dining really isn't all that special, Tuscan has a poor location on the ship when compared to the E Class location as it lacks the view, and since Millennium has been 'revolutionized' you get the Retreat sun-deck as well as the Retreat lounge.

I know the changes in Butler service have been debated and may have taken the edge off that aspect, but I'd still be tempted to bid given that the rest of the suite facilities make a bigger difference than they would on the larger ships...

If there are actually any SS currently still for sale it is also worth checking the cost for a simple upgrade instead of bidding...

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 4

We always book suites , we really like suite dining room Luminae and suite lounge , the outdoor retreat deck isn’t much no pool , no bar , love outside retreat on E class with pool and bar. Pretty sure sky suite will be bigger . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, George C said:

Pretty sure sky suite will be bigger . 

It is bigger, just not usefully bigger thanks to Kelly Hoppen and her designs.

In-suite dining is almost impossible as there is nowhere to sit and eat for 2 people even on the balcony.

Certainly agree the Retreat sun-deck is better on E-class, but even though there is no bar, we found the drinks service more than adequate there and it makes a good location for a casual light lunch up there even though the menu is a little limited.

2 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Starting with this one, no, that isn't a factor as Celebrity out-source the bidding process to a 3rd party with the sole objective being to maximise revenue from the chain of upgrades.

Edit - I found this, not sure if it is still valid but they were giving some factor to CC status. image.png.4ab3ffdf0f98adbd6c3b2e32c819eb91.png

https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/07/11/celebrity-cruises-quietly-makes-changes-to-a-few-captains-club-loyalty-program-features/

Edited by micruiser2002
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Edit - I found this, not sure if it is still valid but they were giving some factor to CC status.

An interesting find, unclear if that is still the case, but even so it isn't going to factor in what status the the OP will have after the cruise, but might give them a small boost based on their current status.

• Like 1