Sharps containers

SoloAlaska

Is there sharps containers accessible on NCL ships. I’ll be on Gem for 15 nights and need to give myself 2 injections while onboard. I don’t need a big and bulky sharps container in my cabin but do they have them in washrooms like some other ships? Can I just drop off the needle at the medical center during normal operating hours?

7 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

Is there sharps containers accessible on NCL ships. I’ll be on Gem for 15 nights and need to give myself 2 injections while onboard. I don’t need a big and bulky sharps container in my cabin but do they have them in washrooms like some other ships? Can I just drop off the needle at the medical center during normal operating hours?

A small container will be in every stateroom. If you don't want to "waste" it, there are sharps containers in public restrooms. We go through a couple of small containers per cruise. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

A small container will be in every stateroom. If you don't want to "waste" it, there are sharps containers in public restrooms. We go through a couple of small containers per cruise. 

Amazing thank you for the info. The ones in the washrooms is perfect.

2 hours ago, Ramblin and Gamblin said:

Be sure to fill out a Guest Special Needs Request form in advance of your cruise.  A sharps container is one of the many needs covered by the form.

2 hours ago, Jerseygich said:

We need one when we cruise. Call before you cruise and request one be put in your room. If one is not there just ask the steward for one and they will get it for you.

NCL puts sharps containers in all room by default without special request. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So glad to hear NCL is prepared. I’ve heard Celebrity if you request a sharps container they require a doctors letter for you to be able to travel with your needles. I might understand if it’s people trying to travel with a box of hypodermic needles but for an injector pen with it’s tips which have a prescription attached seems excessive.

• Like 1