Reuniting with lost luggage

SoloAlaska

I am flying this week and have a very tight connection which increases the risk of lost luggage. We have pretty bad luck for having luggage go missing and are experienced in dealing with it on business trips but never on a cruise.

What is the process for being reunited with luggage on Celebrity? Is there someone we should call with celebrity? What do we tell the airline when it comes to where to return our bags to? Can they coordinate to have it brought to the ship partway through the voyage?

We are packing the bare essentials in a carry on which can get us through a few days but everything else will be in checked luggage. Usually I have time to replace items but with this being a southbound Alaskan cruise it’s a harder schedule to deal with lost clothing and shoes. Lost  skincare etc can be easily replaced onboard thankfully.

I like being prepared and knowing what to do if it does happen will help me start my trip relaxed no matter the situation. Thank you for sharing your experience or advice.

Start by using AirTags if you have an Apple phone or one of the Android Tile equivalents if not.

Even if your luggage doesn't go missing it is very reassuring to be able to watch it moving around and eventually getting to the aircraft, and again when you land being able to see it is still with you removes any lingering anxiety.

If it does not missing it can be invaluable in working out where it is and what is the best decision in terms of getting reunited again.

On an Alaskan itinerary it may not be practical to get reunited during the cruise, so I'd certainly suggest cross-packing as well so if one bags goes missing everyone still has some stuff in the remaining bag(s).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Start by using AirTags if you have an Apple phone or one of the Android Tile equivalents if not.

Even if your luggage doesn't go missing it is very reassuring to be able to watch it moving around and eventually getting to the aircraft, and again when you land being able to see it is still with you removes any lingering anxiety.

If it does not missing it can be invaluable in working out where it is and what is the best decision in terms of getting reunited again.

On an Alaskan itinerary it may not be practical to get reunited during the cruise, so I'd certainly suggest cross-packing as well so if one bags goes missing everyone still has some stuff in the remaining bag(s).

We have AirTags in everything. After all my luggage went missing last year for 3 weeks it’s been a lifesaver. I actually have a box being shipped across Canada right now to meet me after the cruise and have an AirTag in it so I can track it more precisely.

• Like 1