Word, Excel, PDF Files on X Computers

FinelyCruising

I will need to work while I am away...:( but will not be dragging my laptop.

I contacted the cruiseline, and while helpful I am not fully convinced that I will be able to open attachments while I am logged into my corporate email Outlook account on their system.

Since I have no techno ability to even undertstand if this is a stupid question, I will leave it to the experts here to tell me I will be OK.

Thanks!

PDF's should not be an issue to view though you likely won't be able to alter them. The other types of files will depend upon what software the ship is running on the public computers. If they do not have word or excel on the computers then you will not be able to open those files. Best bet is to have files sent to you in plain text though that really doesn't work for spreadsheets. So the question you need to ask the crusieline is if they are running the software you want to use.

What ship are you on? I recenlty got off the Galaxy and their computers had Word, Excel, and other Microsoft programs on them. Although I never tried, I am sure you can open them on the computers. If you take a disk or flash drive, they might want to scan it for viruses before you use it. I believe the compter centers are run through an outside computer company called High Seas Computing Centers, maybe you can contact them and see if they can offer help. Hope this helps.

Ken

Archived