Creatively Wired 12 Year Old

VICKIVICKI

We Have Not Cruised For 5 Years Now And My Son Loved Camp Carnival. Lj Will Be 12at The Time Of The Cruise And My Understanding Is That He Will Be Included In The Young Teen Group. My Son Has Aspergers And Is Quitesmall And Generally Is More Accepted By Kids A Couple Of Years Younger Than He Is. Would He Be Allowed To Participate In The 8 To 11 Year Old Group.? This Is Really A Concern On My Part.

I would contact the cruise line directly about your "Little Professor." My BFF had a son with Asperger's and I know exactly what you mean. I can't imagine that it would be any problem. My tween was doing everything with my 11 year old in Camp Carnival last summer.

You didn't say if you were cruising Carnival again, but Carnival reps on the phone are notorious for giving out different information every time you call. Don't be discouraged if you don't get the answer your looking for. Go to the first night Camp Carnival get togehter and talk to the counselors in person. Explain the situation and let them talk to your son. When we last cruised the staff was pretty good at judging the kids and moving them up or down if it was appropriate.

P.S. Remember to be NICE, it helps.;)

Archived