wheelchair on international Airlines

grayhair61

For flights to and from the US (and all US domestic flights), wheelchairs, motorized scooters for accessibility needs, walkers, and rollators are all NOT considered excess baggage and should NOT incur excess fees from the airline (I wouldn’t try traveling one person and more than 2 rolling devices).

If you are flying somewhere from the US and then taking another flight (not to he US), the US rules do not apply- whatever the rule is in the country/region you are flying in would apply.

Please also consider your ground transportation needs carefully. Some destinations (both domestic and foreign) are better equipped to meet your accommodation needs than others, especially if you are using a full-size, non-folding power wheelchair.

Sorry, I don’t have specific knowledge. 

Turkey is NOT currently part of the European Union (EU).

The site below specifically discusses (free) transportation of (limited, in line with my “not more than 2” comment) mobility equipment both domestically and between South Africa and the EU. 

http://disabilityinfosa.co.za/accessible-travel-accommodation/accessible-travel-2/