Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

Thanks for following along. Agree, everyone is friendly and it reflects the onboard environment on both cruise lines.

The journey cruises, the booze cruises have gotten a little out of hand lately 😆

Regarding out of hand behavior -  It seems that a very small percentage of people lose their minds when boarding cruise ships, these people show a total lack of respect towards their fellow passengers. I have been reading about more recent crackdowns by security…I hope. There should be positive messaging onboard emphasizing respecting your fellow passengers.
BTW, Cunard is not immune to having a few pax showing unruly drunken behavior. Over the summer on QM2, there was a guy at the Golden Lion pub blasted out of his mind literally jumping around like an ape taking away the fun of listening to the Irish band playing. Luckily his friends walked him away from the pub. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, NE John said:

Regarding out of hand behavior -  It seems that a very small percentage of people lose their minds when boarding cruise ships, these people show a total lack of respect towards their fellow passengers. I have been reading about more recent crackdowns by security…I hope. There should be positive messaging onboard emphasizing respecting your fellow passengers.
BTW, Cunard is not immune to having a few pax showing unruly drunken behavior. Over the summer on QM2, there was a guy at the Golden Lion pub blasted out of his mind literally jumping around like an ape taking away the fun of listening to the Irish band playing. Luckily his friends walked him away from the pub. 

I have definitely noticed increased security starting October 2022. I think it is helping, but there is only so much they can do and it is surely sad that it is necessary.

We didn't get visited by the drug dogs the day we boarded, but they did make a surprise appearance in Bermuda and boarded the ship and walked all the passenger hallways. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

You would be paid, or at least rewarded, by your mother’s pleasure, our admiration, some nice food, and satisfaction at your own altruism.

Absolutely, the best food in the MDR is on gala nights.

• Like 1

The rain is not letting up this afternoon. I did my walking in the gym today. Got one mile to go which I would like to do outside, the view is better makes it easier to walk.

Heading to the sauna for a bit, maybe the rain will pass soon. If not, I'll finish up my walking in the gym.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Hitting the Oh crap! Button.

Fire in the incendiary room.

Another page for a response to the staging area in front of crew mess.

Oh crap is right.  Fire in the incendiary room sounds scary!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chryso said:

Oh crap is right.  Fire in the incendiary room sounds scary!

From what I understand, that is the most common area. Very easy if trash is not sorted properly for a fire to start there but it is also very easy to respond to a fire there. Not like when the funnel catches fire 😮

Thankfully, it was taken care of very quickly.

• Like 8

Just now, WorkingForOBC said:

I've followed your quest for the whale tail from here, there, and back. I'm finally dropping in just to say how geeked out I am to see your Chocolate Sparrow mug. We stop in there a few times every summer!

They ran out of the regular cup they use and this is what they sourced. I didn't even know that was a real place 😂.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

They ran out of the regular cup they use and this is what they sourced. I didn't even know that was a real place 😂.

Wow! That's crazy. It's a great bakery/candy shop/coffee shop on Cape Cod. I've been going there since I was a kid, and now I'm taking my own kid.

https://hotchocolatesparrow.com/

PXL_20211204_202239934.jpg

Hot Chocolate Sparrow.jpg

2018-08-29.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Do any cruises stop there?

It's a little far from Boston for a port day, but now that Bar Harbor is limiting cruise guests, other Northeast ports are stepping up. I've even seen some calling on Martha's Vineyard... Hyannis might be able to handle a cruise ship... You never know?!!!

• Like 2

The corn fritters were very nice. Still hot and a nice crunch with a nice portion of corn and not too much breading. The sauce didn't really add anything to it.

The stir fry was just as good as I remember. Such a great flavor 😋 👌

For mains I got the fried shrimp and fish and teriyaki pork chop 737

16991411287056983320776258717476.thumb.jpg.aa6984d88ab56b9bcb6919890fd685a8.jpg

16991411451954508830695121558687.thumb.jpg.d7bbbc3372e7182161dc8f25f067e1f5.jpg

• Like 9